free website stats program Let's see some data on batteries | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Let's see some data on batteries

Brand and Model = HD Agm
Install Date = 5/08
Years of Service = 7 years & going
Type of use bike gets = Seasonal / Averaging 5,000 per
Tender used and how often = Schumacher 1.5amp maintainer / In season-never, out of season about once per mo. for a day or so.

I planned on changing last year just because, but never did. This year it will get changed out, I think I got my moneys worth.

IMO Batteries Plus has the best value and 2 year warranty

Wow You are good at killing batteries My sportster and dyna have hd agm batteries got the sportster Jul 2005 and the battery was in it got the dyna may 2008 and the battery was in it
I charge the batteries perhaps twice during the winter using an optimate
If I were you I would stop using the battery tender and get the battery to work and do its job

Brian

It seems they only have X= number of starts. Since my bike NEVER gets laid up for any period of time, the battery probably gets beat on a little more than those that lay up for months at a time. Probably works out to the same number of starts......

My 2008 EG which will be 7 years old in June is still going strong with the OE HD battery...... And yes I always use a tender when parked.

My 2008 EG which will be 7 years old in June is still going strong with the OE HD battery...... And yes I always use a tender when parked.

But how many months does it sit without use? Daily use coupled with higher than average heat is certain to decrease life span.....

But how many months does it sit without use? Daily use coupled with higher than average heat is certain to decrease life span.....

I average 5,000 to 7,000 miles a year. And I ride about 8-9 months.
And if I am correct your engine has performance mods that would increase starting resistance which would shorten battery life also. I also do not have the extreme temperatures as you stated that you find in Florida either....

Hey Jeff,

If the battery has only x number of starts, then you should probably go with the highest CCA rating..right? I believe HD calls for 290 minimum.

You know I replaced mine right after the SS trip last year, it will be interesting to see how long it lasts. I got the X20-2 at 340 CCA, I did purchase it from Batteries Plus.

On Sept. 7, 2015, I swapped out the OEM battery with a Power Source Batteries: Lightning Start Battery WPX30L-LS. The specs on this battery are:

• Warranty 1 year
  • Volts 12
  • Polarity | - ||||| + |
  • AMP-HOUR 30
  • Product Length 6.56
  • Product Height 6.87
  • Product Width 5.06
  • Net Weight 22.7
  • Chemistry Sealed AGM Maintenance-Free
  • CCA 600
  • Item 01-366P
  • Model Power Source WPX30L-LS Lightning Start (YIX30L-BS, YTX30L)
  • Compatibility OEM compatible replacement battery by Power Source

WPX30L-LS Power Source Lightning Start 12 volt 30 ah 600cca Sealed AGM GEL Maintenance-Free Motorcycle Battery offers more starting power for Polaris, Harley, Arctic Cat, Ducati, Moto Guzzi, Ski-Doo, BMW Motorcycle, ATV, Quad, Snowmobile, Side x Side. Ultra High Performance replacement upgrades oem Yuasa, GS, BS, Power Sonic, Interstate, Adventure Power, Xtreme, East Penn Deka, Westco, Motocross YIX30L, YTX30L, YIX30L-BS, UIX30L, ETX30L, BIX30L, 30L-BS, 30L, CTX30L, CIX30L, GIX30L, GTX30L, CYIX30L-BS, FAYIX30L, M7230L, M6230X, 30LBS, PIX30L, PIX30LBS-FS, WP30-12RNE, PIX30HLBS-FS, XTA30L, XTA30L-BS, XTAX30L, 53030, YB30L-B, CB30L-B, IB30L-B, 12VX30L-B, 30LFA, SC30LFA, SC30L-FA, 4013129, 4010595, 4011224, 515176151, YUAM7230L, YUAM6230X with full 1 year warranty.

We'll see how it does!!

Cheers,

TQ

Attached Files:

Back