free website stats program Lets see pictures of your painted inner fairings? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lets see pictures of your painted inner fairings?

Well I finally got my baby back today. Even the cold ride home could not wipe the smile off my face. I feel like I got a new bike with the way it looks now. Got home gave her a bath, got out the pledge, and after a complete detail just sat there and smiled. Herre is a before and after.
Absolutely beautiful! What a difference!

Lookin good Hob.....I really wanted to do the gauges on mine too...but the $$$$ was running short. Maybe next year.
I think ya need to get some trim rings on those speakers. I like the dash pad.
Its one of those mods that you see constantly and is very gratifiying. :D

All started when I was adding the oil temp gauge that isn't in the picture, bike is colbalt blue and yellow is a great contrast and It just makes me happy to look at while riding. I'd like to add light flames on the bags to carry the yellow to the rear. Also found stress cracks on interior brackets that needed brazing while it was apart. In hind sight I would buy the tool that allows you to unlock the steering to install the lower switch cover, had to work at it and damaged a little corner of paint.

Attachments

• DSC03219.jpg
    DSC03219.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC03216.jpg
    DSC03216.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 119
All started when I was adding the oil temp gauge that isn't in the picture, bike is colbalt blue and yellow is a great contrast and It just makes me happy to look at while riding. I'd like to add light flames on the bags to carry the yellow to the rear. Also found stress cracks on interior brackets that needed brazing while it was apart. In hind sight I would buy the tool that allows you to unlock the steering to install the lower switch cover, had to work at it and damaged a little corner of paint.

Now that's what I'm talking about...Somebody that's not afraid to experiment or go down a different path. There may not be another one like it. Congrats.

Just got it back together, was flat black, what ya think?

Attachments

• 2009 Street Glide Inner Faring.jpg
    2009 Street Glide Inner Faring.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 09 Street Glide pipe side march 2010.jpg
    09 Street Glide pipe side march 2010.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 84
here mine :D a work in progress needs a few extras me thinks

IMG_0568.jpg

Thats funny...a CVO that "NEEDS" Extras... Looking at that dash, you need sunglasses, but then you won't see the real color...looks like ya gotta paint the whole thing cause the silver turns a "dull gray or green"! :laugh

08 Ultra needs a good spring cleaning yet though with painted to match mirrors

Attachments

• inner.JPG
    inner.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 84
Back