free website stats program Let's Pay Attention People | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Let's Pay Attention People

i used to drive semi truck over the road - when driving something that big, a good day is if you dont kill anyone - after that, everything else is just trivial.

from what i can see, driving a semi is a lot like riding a bike...except with the truck, you have to watch what everyone does because you could kill them...on a bike, you have to watch what everyone does because they can kill you.

i feel worse for the truck driver TBH, at 28 i gave myself grey hairs from the stress of trying not to kill anyone - couldn't live with myself if i hurt someone even if it was completly their fault - dead is dead.
not to mention that the driver lost his job and wont ever get hired by another trucking company because he was involved in a fatality....a CDL makes you a 'professional driver' and DOT will say he should have seen the rider texting and moved the truck to avoid hitting him.

sad either way around.

seens guys talking on cell phone on bikes a few times lately i just shake my head.. 1 of um was a cop

It amazes me what some will do on that machine they paid a whole lots of weeks pay for. Both hands on the wheel and paying attention is first in my book. Second, I worked hard and still work hard to pay for my Harley which costs a pretty penny. Alot more than my 1970 Truimph did. I can't even think about doing something so stupid. Wheelies, burnouts, anything that would chance me losing it, is out. I respect the power between my legs and also respect the lives of others. Its one thing being dumb, its another thing killing some one by being stupid. If I want to ride for years to come, I think I'll wait till the next stop to answer the phone.

I can hardly text while sitting on the couch, let alone, while riding. I guess my fingers are too fat, too old or something.
Well heck - this is NOT funny -- but I just laughed at jaceddie's post -- I dont 'text' -- I dont see the need or reason to sit and type all the words when a simple phone call would do so much better and much easier too.

Bill

Well heck - this is NOT funny -- but I just laughed at jaceddie's post -- I dont 'text' -- I dont see the need or reason to sit and type all the words when a simple phone call would do so much better and much easier too.

Bill

I'm with you bro. Lots rather talk than type.

Here in Massachusetts I wish they would ban cell phones while driving a car and of course while on a motorcycle too. I don't think we as motorcyclist need a bunch of distracted drivers surrounding us as we try to negotiate the congested freeways. Everybody needs to be fully focused.

Back