free website stats program Let's hear about the FXR's here | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Let's hear about the FXR's here

I bought a 99 FXR2 from my brother last year. I love the bike. But I'm really tired of paying $100 a pop for an oil change. Because this one is a CVO bike I can't find any detailed info on doing it myself.

Any tips?

Lets start with how to drain the oil. The rest I can probably figure out myself.

Its got an Evo 80 engine.

My favorite in arresting red!!!!!!!:D

The FXR has a big squared off oil tank under the seat to the rear of the engine. If you look below that tank, you'll find a hose that is attached to a nub on the frame usually with a clamp on it. You remove the hose and drain the oil through that after warming it up a bit to loosen any sludge that those tanks are noted for accumulating because of the design of the tank.

That CVO really isn't any different in maintenance than the regular FXR.

Today is the three year anniversary of the re-animation of my 87 fxrs. Boy the time flies.

Hi all,new here.Mine is a 1990 FXLR.The engine was rebuilt with 10.5:1 pistons and a screaming eagle cam,the trans is a 6spd O.D.This bike takes off like a rocket with some nice sound coming out of those Vance & Hines pipes. When I get on the highway and kick it into overdrive,I'm doing 70mph at about 2400rpm.I tell you what a smooth ride and the way it handles the corners you cant beat it.
I,ve done some major cosmetic work to it over the winter.I added new front and rear custom fender and an FXRS Gas tank with guages(did the paint myself).I also added Lepera seats and a set of Ultima lethal weapons wheels. Then with some black wrinkle and red metalcast paint I proceeded to "de-chrome" most of the bike.
I'm still doing some little changes here and there but since the nice weather is coming I've been and will be riding it more.
fxr 001.JPG

fxr 002.JPG

fxr 003.JPG

fxr 004.JPG

My 1990 FXR 1.jpg

Guys, Im having doubts about my bike... It's a 1988, on the air filter it says "LOW RIDER SPORT", but, I see the frame looks like an FXR...

Can it be that in Italy FXR were named DYNA anyway?

It was bought brand new from my father, and since then she had only minor mods...

Please downsize your pics to no larger than 800 X 600

Last edited by a moderator:
That's definitely an FXR.

Now I know why is so fast and fun to drive :D:D

Ok, from now on, you have another FXR fan :bigsmiley24:

BTW, the softail is way slower than this one, I always thought there was some difference in the engine, but Im rethinking that maybe really is a difference of weight, right?

This also means that when i move to New Jersey I have to find an FXR

FXR the original hot rod great bike Arlen Ness still making frames for u builders out there

Back