free website stats program Lesson learned | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lesson learned

I just delivered two pizza hut pizzas to the shop along with a thank you note, it made there day. Thanks for the advice.

I do what fin 676 ( Brian ) suggests. Every time I fill up I reset my trip meter. It gives me a good idea of where I am at gas wise.
Gotta hand it to you though, you laid it out here for all of us to see.:p Believe me, I've had my fair share of mistakes that I could kick myself in the rear end for, looking back in hind sight. I have a sneaky suspicion that you won't be making that mistake all to soon! :small3d031:

Great Post and well handled.
I am sure the guys at the shop will remember you and that relationship may pay dividends later if something ever really goes wrong.
Reminds me of the movie "Slingblade"...when Billy Bob looks at the lawnmower that no one can get running and says, "No gas in it."

The lesson this re-enforced for me is: start with the simple stuff first!:D

I just delivered two pizza hut pizzas to the shop along with a thank you note, it made there day. Thanks for the advice.

Your welcome.
You will be amazed how, such a gesture as that, will work to your favor next time...

I do what fin 676 ( Brian ) suggests. Every time I fill up I reset my trip meter. It gives me a good idea of where I am at gas wise.
Gotta hand it to you though, you laid it out here for all of us to see.:p Believe me, I've had my fair share of mistakes that I could kick myself in the rear end for, looking back in hind sight. I have a sneaky suspicion that you won't be making that mistake all to soon! :small3d031:

What he said...:p

Buddy of mine who loves wrenching couldn't get the 96 softail going one morning so it was time to do some serious trouble shooting. had everything apart and couldn't find anything wrong! yup out of fuel. he is on the forum but has a hard time admitting he did that. :D

Back