free website stats program Less expensive Sportster saddlebags? | Harley Davidson Forums

Less expensive Sportster saddlebags?

DaveInPA

Frozen Account
I need to put some saddlebags on my new Sporty. Riding with a backpack on is getting real old, real quick. However, I really don't want to to pay the ridiculous amount HD asks for their bags.

Where can I get some decent quality, less expensive saddlebags for my bike? The bike is a 2008 XL883 by the way.

Thanks!
Dave

Cool, some good info there. I see a lot of the less expensive bags are "throw over" style. How would I install those on a bike with no passenger seat?

I bought a set of Willy and Max leather bags and have them adjusted for the cross piece to be below my seat. My stock turn signals (still high-not moved to the rear yet) provide a rear "stop" for the rear of each bag to rest against. You can see what they look like on the "post a pic of your bike" on page 2. The passenger pegs are still 100% usable.

They have zippers on each side for easy removal, or I can remove the seat with the single screw for complete removal. They were only $149.

You have to be careful of dimensions and Harley's favorite word, "fitment", but there are some really good deals on Ebay if you don't mind not flashing the bar/shield on all your accessories.

Have you looked at JAFRUM?? I have some of thier stuff,and no complaints.Hobbits ply also helps keep the bags shape,and a good soaking in a good leather treatment(KO.CHO.LINE)made by BURNABY&CHANTRELL LTD.liverpool ,england,or neats foot oil,will waterproof and preserve the leather extremely well.All my new leather gets these put on them,works wonders on old ,stiff and tired leather too!

Back