free website stats program Lenale has some competition. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lenale has some competition.

I have a set on my 2012 about 500 miles so far....no problem "yet" ..seems to work well in the Texas heat doing slow PGR missions... will keep an eye on it though...,.

$249.00 on E-bay..The name of the company is Hammerhead engineering...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a set on my 2012 about 500 miles so far....no problem "yet" ..seems to work well in the Texas heat doing slow PGR missions... will keep an eye on it though...,.

$249.00 on E-bay..The name of the company is Hammerhead engineering...
What does installation entail? Can they go on and off, or once you install that's it?

Enjoy,
Rich P

What does installation entail? Can they go on and off, or once you install that's it?

Enjoy,
Rich P

Pretty easy to put on..you use your rubber mounted horn bolt deal...your horn mounts inbetween the fans..takes about 10 min. to mount...can plug in plug under seat or hook to battery..each fan has a on and off switch...leave mine on and they turn of with ingn. switch.... they don't shake and viberate as much as I thought they would..or they don't on mine....I like them so far...We will see...

RWB - the only issue I see with fans in general is their MTBF (Mean Time Before Failure). Paying $300 hundred dollars for "just" the fan "implies" a pretty high grade fan...sealed long life ball bearings and rated for 100,000 Hours continuous running at 65*C or so (not just the "fluff" of a fancy housing) and rugged service duty environment specs. And adding a 2nd fan actually cuts that MTBF figure in half (due to double the complexity).

Of course the reason for the fan is good also...for every 10*C lowering the temperature will improve the MTBF ten fold...so your Harley engine will last longer...if the promise of the actual lower temperature holds true! JMHO

I rode today in 104* heat at very slow speeds. In a PGR mission..And I think the fans do a good job "so far" ...they may fall off tommorow or sling apart, but so far...it might be some of the best $$ I have spent so far... time will tell...till they crap out I'am giveing them....two thumbs way up...JMHO...

IMG_8827.jpg WARDS PARTS WERKS - WELCOME[/url]

These fans are fantastic! Affordable and easy to install. Designed and built in the US. I have over 2000 miles on mine and they are still going strong with no load issues. They're not as bulky as some of the other fans out there. It includes a thermo switch that cotrols the fan, even when the bike is off, for those short stops at the gas station or a beer. The fans continue to run until the engine is at it's optimal temp. This makes for easy starts and really helps while sitting in traffic.

If you have heating concerns I highly recommend checking em out.

Back