free website stats program Lenale fan install and horn relocation | Harley Davidson Forums

Lenale fan install and horn relocation

HDSickness

Banned
I installed the Lenale fan yesterday very easy install on the Road King plugs right in to an unused plug near battery to work off unused toggle switch on left side of forks. The only problem was finding a place for the horn. Ended up putting the original horn without cover, in left side cover by extending wires and using heavy vel-cro to secure it to flat frame piece. Works great.

Yep I did a same thing only I put mine on the right by the brake pedal. Your post would be a lot better with a pic.

My LENALE FAN lasted 4 months, they wanted another 60.00 plus shipping to repair it would have put me over 300.00 total. :(:(:(:(:(

My LENALE FAN lasted 4 months, they wanted another 60.00 plus shipping to repair it would have put me over 300.00 total. :(:(:(:(:(

You must have bought it thru a reseller, they are notorious for bad dealings on the Lenale fan. Contact Lenale directly (he has a store on ebay) and talk to him about it. Every fan failure I know of has gotten replaced. I've been running mine over a year now.

Bought it from Eastern Performence. Emailed Lanale Engineering for repair or replacement and was told to send 60.00 plus shipping. Would put me over 300.000 in fan. Could have bought HD parade fan for that.

FYI,

This is not the first time around for the topic of bad Lenale fans on this forum.

Bought it from Eastern Performence. Emailed Lanale Engineering for repair or replacement and was told to send 60.00 plus shipping. Would put me over 300.000 in fan. Could have bought HD parade fan for that.

Well either something has changed at Lenale, or you are are emailing thru Eastern. As a matter of fact I bought mine thru Eastern (our of ignorance) but when I needed a part (that I broke on install ) I contacted Lenale straight at this address, lenale_engineering@comcast.net

Then the owner of Lenale called me on the phone and shipped the part for free. I've known 2 different folks that had problems with the fans and they both got new fans with no charge. Hope you get it fixed or get a refund. There is another fan competitor but it's more money and larger.

FYI,

This is not the first time around for the topic of bad Lenale fans on this forum.

Yea they even designed a 2 second delay into the switch now, of which I kid Smitty that they did that to give time to reach for a fire extinguisher.

Read my post. I did contact LENALE ENGINEERING and the results were as I posted.

Well alrighty then my friend. Just was trying to make sure you had the right email address. I've seen in the past folks were being mislead in that area by their reseller.

Don't know why they are treating you that way. It's not what I've seen in the past. I can't remember right off how long their warranty is but they should give you another fan for only 4 months. I surmise from your current post you have exhausted all efforts including a phone call.

If I were you I would try going to their ebay store and posting exactly what happened to you on the comment section. There is also a place there to give them approval stars which in your case would be the worst availble.

Anyhow my email notification doesn't work on this forum so I only get back every now and again. Hope you have some luck with it, you might could even get a local motor shop to repair it cheap.

Sometimes you can even get some help from your credit card folks on it.

If you want to sell it, I would be interested in buying your fan "as is". Tag me with a PM if interested.

Back