free website stats program "Lemon Pledge" What I'am I doing wrong ? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

"Lemon Pledge" What I'am I doing wrong ?

Alright , I will try it again and use way less this time and get me one of those towels.Thanks for the help.....

I would definitely say it's the terry cloth towel that was the problem. they leave a film behind. Clean old 100% cotton t-shirts work best for me.

My bike is great in any flavour. lemon, orange.... Pledge is the goods.:worthy

Do we really use Pledge, does it really work, heck (see Glider, I can do it)yes. These 2 photos were taken in Oregon last year on my 48 state tour. It took about 5 minutes in the morning to clean the mess up on the whole frontend of the bike and make it shine.

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

Try it, you'll like it. I found the microfiber cloths to work great. Find them cheap at Harbor Freight.

so what do you clean your furniture with....Car Wax ?

The only thing you should use on a Good Paint Job is a product like Meguiers # 26 High Tech Yellow Wax... this has no Cleaner in it...so it shines the Clear Coat and nothing else ! Use this same stuff on your Chrome too!

Never Ever use Chrome Cleaner of any kind on and Chrome ....Unless you want to ruin it !

I'm now sold on Pledge. Thinking HD owners can keep them polish folks in business a while longer. I use an old T-shirt to apply then go over the smeared (over applicated parts) of bike with the micro-fib. A quick once over and your ready to hit the wind. Best advice I've heard in years.

so what do you clean your furniture with....Car Wax ?

The only thing you should use on a Good Paint Job is a product like Meguiers # 26 High Tech Yellow Wax...

Careful what you say unless your positive. And you are not positive because pledge works great and does no harm. Been proven over and over.

I have read the post about useing Lemon Pledge for making your bike shine, I used it not the off brand, and it didn't look so good? had clean terry cloth towel, in the shade ,not direct sun. Almost looked like an oily flim left on my bike? I must be doing something wrong,so I buffed and buffed and it looked ok ,for a little while. Then it looked streaked and lets just say not so good in the sun?

Go to the Honda dealer and get some real cleaner and throw the pledge away like I did.

Back