free website stats program Leicestershire England | Harley Davidson Forums

Leicestershire England

Hi Folks,
I just traded up my XL1200R for a Superglide, 30 years riding always wanting to own a Harley big twin. It seemed like a good idea at the time but I'm really glad the dealer included an all inclusive warranty!

So far since collection last week my speedo read 55mph whilst my mate's was showing 75mph, the tail light flickered, and sweet sticky fluid leaked out of the oil pressure gauge, blew back onto the battery and ran down the bike.

Turned out the tail light was caused by a sticky brake lever switch which on investigation revealed damaged master cylinder, now replaced.

Speedo worked fine when I restarted the bike and has done ever since. Oil pressure gauge removed (didn't like it anyway, rubbed against thigh when I put my foot down).

Returning home after rectifying all above I snagged my top on the brake lever as I squeezed past the bike in the garage and set off the alarm (which has a very loud sounder) neither keyfob would disable the alarm, the passcode listed does not work. So I can't ride the bike and have to wait til Tuesday for HD to trailer it in for a look. Been through the manual and tried every which way, checked the fuse, even moved the bike in case of interference. No change.

The XL worked all the time every time!!!

Cest la vie, hopefully I can find and sort all the niggles during the warranty period. It seemed a good idea to chat on this forum. The XLF was really fun and useful but isn't so good if you have a Superglide!

On the bright side the Harley Gods are smiling on me and rain is forecast :s

Welcome to The Forum and jumping up To a Big Twin:cheers

Welcome to the forum from Central Florida!

Bodeen

Strangest thing, after 4 days and numerous failed attempts to deactivate the alarm, after reading the instruction manual until my eyes were sore, after checking that I'm not an idiot by asking for help..... tried the key fob again on Monday morning and deactivated the alarm immediately. Waited until the alarm reset and used the second keyfob which worked immediately. Have ridden the bike a lot since.... no problems at all. Cancelled the dealer for now.

Back