free website stats program Legend air ride. | Harley Davidson Forums

Legend air ride.

Anyone used the legend air ride setups L2 or L9? I want to put on my bike since i already have a 2" lowering kit and that is hard on my back so I want the air ride for more adjustability. Just wondering if there were any downfalls to this system. Thanks:small3d008:

one guy i talked to said that the seals wear oiut after a year on all air ride systems and need to be replaced constantly. What does he know though he rides rigids hehe....

As a Fatboy rider, Not lower the bike rides fine. But a softail has only limited travel as is I would be concerned that the Air shocks would do little to improve the ride on one lower that much.
Hello,

I have an P&A rear shock lowering kit (basically two large bolts that cost about $85 in the P&A catalog) already installed on the bike (FLSTF) when I purchased it. I have problems bottoming out on speed bumps/other bumps and my foot boards scrap the ground when in a tight corner. I am going to raise it back up to the original height. My Road King, now that's another story. It needs to be lowered as 27" is too high for my legs.

Safe Riding,
-nacreous

I have a buddy that one with the legend air ride. He wasn't happy, said the legend system hung down too far under his frame. I did a lot of research e-mails, calls to various companies, and none could seem to help me out for what I wanted. Until I talked to J.D. at Shotgun Shock. He told me he could help me with the problem I was having. I had the Shotgun Shock Air Ride System installed on my bike. I couldn't be happier. I am now able to raise my bike to the desired riding height and dampening on-the-fly, whether just for me, or two up riding. It turned into the most comfortable bike I have ever been on. I would recommend this system to all softail riders. They are also developing a system for baggers.

I have the progressive air ride system on my '02 standard and I can only say good things about that system,love it.

Back