free website stats program Left turn signal not working/turn signal module | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Left turn signal not working/turn signal module

I had this problem not long ago and found out the Rear Bulbs were Wrong, They were Single Element not Double Element. You may want to check that out also, A Cheap Easy Fix!

Thank you all for the replys. Turn signals are working now. Do not know if this had a thing to do with it but we had just put in a new ignition control module. The bike was running good but needed a little tweaking, so I advanced the timing a bit and then I changed the switch to kickstart and waaalaaaa everything started working right so far. Bike is running great and signals are working properly. Happy riding everyone.

Thank you all for the replys. Turn signals are working now. Do not know if this had a thing to do with it but we had just put in a new ignition control module. The bike was running good but needed a little tweaking, so I advanced the timing a bit and then I changed the switch to kickstart and waaalaaaa everything started working right so far. Bike is running great and signals are working properly. Happy riding everyone.

Mods.,

Why do we forget to ask the simple question:

"what have you changed right before this problem/thing started to happen?"!!!

Another one bites the dust!

TQ

TQ, remember seeing the old sign in the repair shop:

Shop Rates - $100 per hour; If you worked on it first $200 per hour; If you help $300 per hour...!

The point being, many threads start after the troubleshooter has gone through his method of troubleshooting.

Generally, the novice will fix the symptoms and the "root cause' will take care of itself in the wash...! This rather than the simple rule of divide and conquer to not only determine what does not work, but what does. Find the source of power, identify the pathways and the load or end work. Somewhere in the middle is the cause, as the source and destination can easily be checked.

If bike was running "fine" before, what and when was the most recent work done on the bike...could collateral damage or disturbance have aggrevated the problem or even "masked" it? So check both ends of what work was done...disturbing things as little as possible.

Last edited:
Back