free website stats program Left turn signal mind of its own | Harley Davidson Forums

Left turn signal mind of its own

I ride a 2004 electrglige classic rain or shine 40k on the odometer. The bike is taken care of better than the wife :p

We went on a long rode from Lacrosse WI to Green Bay for the welcome home celebration for Vietnam vets. This whole trip was in the rain, but worth it. May be part of the issue?

The next weekend the wife nd I are tooling down the highway when the left signal just came on. Cancelled it out with the right signal. This happened 6 more times in 20 miles. Took it out the next day hot as all (EDIT) and no issues at all. Until night fell and the weathet got cooler ten on they came.

In thinking about this I thought maybe the switch, checked the switch several times making it make contact then batting it around some and nothing registered when it was not supposed to.

Talked to a couple people thoght the switch is bad. With the testing I would bet the switch is good. The couple dealers I talked to don't sell one but every couple of years.

I took every connector apart thinking moisture because of the day where it did not act up until night when it got cooler, water condenses and thats enough to make electrical connection.

Some say the tssm is to blame and no codes are stored.

Does anyone have any ideas what this might be? I have not gotten it to duplicate yet But am thinking about a ride to work 35 miles and see what happens. Better then than after a few beers.

Has anyone heard of something like this all the forums I have searched do not have an issue lije this.

Hopefully a little moisture.

Thanks,
:bigsmiley30:

Language is not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually a problem like yours is a result of water infiltrating the switches on the bars. If you have a compressor or a bike blower, try blowing them out well.

You answered your own question. They are sealed "Pretty Well" They are not sealed. These switches are good but they are not mil-spec. The best you can ever expect is water resistant not water proof..

I had same problem. I took and used compressed air one night left loose and used compressed air next day after work. NO MORE PROBLEM..

Back