free website stats program Leesburg - General Questions | Harley Davidson Forums

Leesburg - General Questions

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
So, I'm definitely going to be attending Leesburg for at least a day, probably Saturday. I've been on the website and I've printed out the daily events. My questions pertain to the general layout. Is most of the vendor activity at Gator HD and most of the music downtown? Adequate food at both locations? Do you park somewhere and walk to everything in the downtown area? Is there a better direction to approach from or are all the roads bumper to bumper bikes this weekend?

Thanks!

From what I recall from years past, alot of vendors in the downtown area as well as Gator HD. You park all along the streets in the downtown area, kind-a looks like Sturgis where folks park on the side of the road and then down the middle. It gets tight in some places!

Food is not a problem where ever you go, but maybe more in the downtown area where you might find some local places and or choose from the food vendors. If you need a break from the crowds, you can head east to Mount Dora and find a nice place to eat. Yalaha Bakery south of Leesburg on 48 is a great place for lunch if coming up from the SE.

Driving in.. I say, all roads lead to Leesburg as on the map it looks like it's in the crosshairs of N,S,E,W major roads. Depending on the weather and if the crowd is strong, it does get backed up some. I try to avoid driving through downtown (unless you want to experience it like Main St. in Daytona) and take the first spot I see. I live east and take 44 into town and just get there early.

And if you just want to get out and ride... SE of there you will find 561 and 455, which are fun rides. North of there you can find 42 east of 25, then take 450 east to 19 and loop back around for some nice roads.

I hope the weather is nice! Have fun!

Hey Dr. Doolittle, you wont have any trouble finding everything and if you want to take your time coming in you can take US 441 at Lake City and cruise right into Lessburg but it will go thru the red lights and small towns, with slower speeds. I attached the main map from the site that shows bike parking on Main Street and the food etc. locations. I may try to be there Saturday myself maybe I'll see you there. Ride safe.

2009-bikefest-map.png

I hope this helps there is alot of paking on main street but I like to pay to park .On alot of the side streets you can pay like $5 or $ 10 to park and take up alot of space so other people do not ding or mess up your bike . On main street they pack them in like sardeans . Have a great time :)

I hope this helps there is alot of paking on main street but I like to pay to park .On alot of the side streets you can pay like $5 or $ 10 to park and take up alot of space so other people do not ding or mess up your bike . On main street they pack them in like sardeans . Have a great time :)

I agree. That's what we did at Biketoberfest last October. My bike isn't blinged out at all so it doesn't need to be in the Main Street "spotlight."

The only reason I posted a reply last year I had to replace a tank because some moron, put there handle bar right in the side of my tank , so $5 or $10 is alitlle cheaper :newsmile08:

I won't make it until Saturday, but thought I'd share incase you are there Thursday.

Leesburg Kick Off Party
Thursday April 23rd

APRIL 23 - THURSDAY NIGHT LEESBURG KICK OFF PARTY - At Midtown Grill 114 S. 5th Street Leesburg, FL 34748 352-787-0023. Full Throttle Magazine Is Kicking Off Leesburg With a Bikini Contest with over $500 in cash and prizes SPONSORED BY BROTHERS POWDER COATING Brothers Home Page 727-846-0717. There will be drink specials, $10 longneck buckets, 2 for 1 well drinks, a 50/50 raffle and a live DJ. Starts at 7pm with the bikini contest at 9pm and ends when everyone leaves... For more info call 813-814-1424. You can also visit the Full Throttle Booth at Main and Canal in Leesburg all weekend long!

So, I'm definitely going to be attending Leesburg for at least a day, probably Saturday. I've been on the website and I've printed out the daily events. My questions pertain to the general layout. Is most of the vendor activity at Gator HD and most of the music downtown? Adequate food at both locations? Do you park somewhere and walk to everything in the downtown area? Is there a better direction to approach from or are all the roads bumper to bumper bikes this weekend?

Thanks!

Gator HD will have 1 stage and 20-25 vendors on site.Downtown will have 8 stages and 250-300 vendors not to mention the rider shows and jugglers ect.A fun time to be had by all.

Back