free website stats program Leesburg Bikefest | Harley Davidson Forums

Leesburg Bikefest

Anyone going to the bikefest in leesburg?

My wife and I are hoping to ride our bike up to this one. Just going up early and coming back same day. We live about an hour or so from there. I see you are up in Yulee, that's gonna be quite a ride to Leesburg.

Would be glad to meet up for a beer somewhere if you want. We're just gonna find a place to park and walk around like we did at Bike Week. Only difference is Leesburg is a much smaller radius of events. Our first time there though.

We are planning on going the Saturday, unless we get a wild hair and go Thurs or Friday also just to pin down what we want to see more of Saturday. Hopefully the weather will be good.

Anybody riding up any of those days via Hwy 33 from the Polk City area, thru Groveland and want to ride up together let us know and we can plan a time and place to meet.

There are also going to be some poker runs from the neighboring H.D. shops but don't know much about it.

Yea it is a good ride for us but after all its all about the ride isnt it? were riding down Saturday and have a room in Clermont so we can see the sites all day and night! Ive never been but I hear its a pretty good festival

Yea it is a good ride for us but after all its all about the ride isnt it? were riding down Saturday and have a room in Clermont so we can see the sites all day and night! Ive never been but I hear its a pretty good festival

Yes, the ride can be nice if you're not surrounded by cagers and big trucks all the way. I tend to get on the back roads as much as possible. I don't yet have a windshield and being tall, once I get past 60mph it's pretty much lean into the wind for some ab exercise. Sometimes makes me wish I had big Road King.

You will probably take the Hwy 27 exit off I-4 and just shoot straight over to Clermont. It's a beautiful little place (actually it's not real little any more). Some of the highest hills in Florida. Stormy Hill H.D. is a nice place, the service manager there is tops if you need anything on done to the bike. You will drive right past it on 27 as you come into Clermont. It's up on the hill to the left.

Clermont and Leesburg being somewhat off the main travel, are still relatively small cities compared to the ones near the Interstate system. Cities near the Intersate have grown (and are still growing) phenomenally. You will have a great time I'm sure.

Oh and any of you that have been thinking about trying the TTS MasterTune OR upgrading your older (previous) SE tuner. The expert on both of these, Doc Weaver is just up the road a bit from Leesburg.

He's got his Hi Performance shop there in a little settlement called Minneola, but it's right next to Clermont. This guy is the king when it comes to Harley performance knowlege. Very nice guy too, I've exchanged a few emails with him. He makes much of his living giving seminars to Harley Dealer personnel and Indy's on the finer points of Dyno and performance tuning.

I don't think he does the booth thing anymore, but it ain't far over to his shop. He sells the TTS on site.

Back