free website stats program LED Turn Signals | Harley Davidson Forums

LED Turn Signals

bikerdad

I have installed LED turn signals and am having problems. I am aware that they won't blink unless a load equalizer is installed because they draw very little current.

I installed the load equalizer and both green indicators on the dash are always constant green at about half intensity. If I turn on the left blinker, it works but the right also blinks at about half intensity. If I turn on the right it works but the left also flashes dim the same way.

Has anyone had problems like this?

LED upgrades can sometimes be tricky with the various electrical systems and manufacturers. In alot of cases, it's faulty ground, shorts & incorrect wiring. Can you shed some light on what type of LED's you installed (make, manufacturer...)?

LED Lights are EBAY so I don't know the brand.

Wired correctly to brown and purple in the tail light cable with the third (black wire grounded.

LED Lights are EBAY so I don't know the brand.

Wired correctly to tail light cable

No packaging no brand? No company name or logo on the product itself? The people making them must be really proud of their product. :)What is the E-bay auction number. The seller must have more so I will look it up.

You said you hooked them to the rear tail light. So your installing LED's for the rear only? Are fronts omitted or are they still tungsten filament. Would you know the value of the load equalizer in ohms.

It's not a hard problem to diagnose but you have to give us something to work with.

After looking at them, I would just plug them in (1156 &1157 sockets) and not use a load equalizer. 24 LED's for each lamp (48 led's per side) should be plenty of current load to fool the turn signal module. 48 LED's is not that small of a load. I wouldn't be surprised if it is was more than the original bulb.

I still don't understand when you say "Wired correctly to brown and purple in the tail light cable with the third (black wire grounded."
Is this the wiring for the load equalizer? Because the LED modules should have just been a plug & play with no splicing.

Yes, that is the load equalizer wiring, the led's just plug in to the sockets. I think I found the problem. Everything works fine with the fronts empty. I think the front leds are not correct.
WAP.gif

10/4. Whatever the outcome, I would still try it without the equalizer resistor just to see the results. An extra 2 amp load is a lot if it's not really needed. Interested to see what you find. Those LED's look really nice.

Definitely let us know on the balancer & Hoople's correct - vendor has some nifty products @ great pricing.

Back