free website stats program LED turn signals | Harley Davidson Forums

LED turn signals

96custom

I did a search for this and didn't come up with what I was looking for. I bought a used 96 softail custom and the previous owner has put LED turn signals on it. When you hit the signal button on the handle bars, both front and rears light up, but they won't blink. Is there some sort of module I need to put in-line with these lights so they will actually blink? If it's going to become a huge issue, I'm just going to switch them back to factory and let it be that way.

Thanks for any and all suggestions,
Josh

I did a search for this and didn't come up with what I was looking for. I bought a used 96 softail custom and the previous owner has put LED turn signals on it. When you hit the signal button on the handle bars, both front and rears light up, but they won't blink. Is there some sort of module I need to put in-line with these lights so they will actually blink? If it's going to become a huge issue, I'm just going to switch them back to factory and let it be that way.

Thanks for any and all suggestions,
Josh

both sides light up but don't blink? have you checked for any corrosion,loose bulbs,fuses, ground wire for this set up?

Both sides don't light up at the same time, just the front and back respectivley with that side button. I have not checked for any loose bulbs or wiring yet. All the LED bulbs are contained inside themselves, they aren't just a plug in bulb.

Thanks,
Josh

I've been looking at the technicalitiies of installing them and it may be possible there was no provision made for creating the same load that incandecant bulbs use. this can acheived by wiring a load equalizer. the flasher may just be telling you that a bulb is burned out by staying on. led bulbs use so little power that their presence is not noticed by the flasher. see Custom Dynamics Motorcycle LED Lights Motorcycle LEDs Lighting for more info. this site was recommended by glider.

Thanks guys very much. That's exactly what I was looking for. I knew this site was going to be a help!!

Thanks,
Josh

Back