free website stats program LED turn signal modification | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

LED turn signal modification

FLHRYNF; Works like a champ.....Installed them on my 08 Heritage Coppertop this morning. In and done in a couple of hours. used the red 12v leds from Radio Shack..$1.99 each. I drilled from the inside out so I it wouldn't interfer with the blub 1/4 drill bit and oversized it a hair with my Dremel also had to drill a 1/8" hole for wires to go out of light assy.On the Heritage no tapping , Dropped the LED and leads in locked them down with the lock washer and nut.Soldered black to ground & red to violet. Now I can see them without looking..... GREAT idea FLHRYNF BTW you might want to check and clear your CODES if you get any ? I disconnented the grounds while soldering and tested everything and it threw out 2 Codes b1123 & b1124 Cleared them, Rode and tested everything. They didn't cone back .... Thanks again, Bob

Sorry I don't even own a camera....lost it on a ride a couple of months ago and havn't replaced it yet. Ordered a new Corbin solo seat a couple of weeks ago so camera will have to wait... SORRY. The LED's are a piece of cake

that was an excellent idea flhrynf. i had a tough time with the dash indicator visibility also. what i did was use a pair of bullet amber leds. nice chrome and good lighting for this project. on my flstn i drilled out the signal pod from the inside starting with a tiny bit and working up to the correct size. super easy drilling once the tiny hole is made. i dropped the pod off the light bar and drilled up through beside the socket to run the wire so everything is hidden. the lights are self grounding so only had to run the one wire to power. mounted the bullet to the pod and used gasket maker for a water proof seal. there are pics on my profile if anyone wants to see what they look like.

Back