free website stats program LED Tail light Conversion | Harley Davidson Forums

LED Tail light Conversion

robermv32

Could someone tell me the secret for getting the reflector out of the tail lights. I'd like to install the LED conversion kit, but can't seem to get that reflector to come out and I sure don't want to break it.

Thanks

The instructions just show a break down diagram with everything removed. Not how to get it out. I even looked at the service manual and it basically does the same thing. Shows it broken down without the "Secret for doing it."

Check out Custom Dynamics' web site. They have an LED Taillight kit for Harley's and they have a link to detailed instructions with pictures. Basically, it involves a heat gun and a screwdriver.

Sparx.

The instructions just show a break down diagram with everything removed. Not how to get it out. I even looked at the service manual and it basically does the same thing. Shows it broken down without the "Secret for doing it."

Other than the reflector cover screws, the gasket underneath may have adhesive backing that is kinda tricky; also the unused pin jacks may be filled with dielectric grease to prevent water intrusion as well...be gentle or you will tear it. Once cover & gasket/gland is off, it should look like this...

Taillightsockets.png

Once off, there should be a couple fasteners holding the whole housing, but usually all you have to do is use the existing setup, although I used a Küryakyn which was plug and play without any drama.

Last edited:
Man, I love this place... Got her done and thanks fellas for all the help. Too bad the internet doesn't have such a site for politicans...just think....... Naw, I'd rather ride.
Thanks again

Back