free website stats program LED Tail installation | Harley Davidson Forums

LED Tail installation

DavidH89

I have recently fitted a clear LED tail ight to my Street Rod. Problem now is that once I have reconnected the black terminal connectors again I have a blue wire left loose. The tail light is working as a brake light but the running light is not. Obviously the loose blue wire is the power for the running light.

Can anyone tell me where this blue wire should be connevted to in order to get the relevnt power supply to operate the running light once the engine/ignition is turned on.

Cant ride my bike until tis is resolved.

Thanks all

Sounds to me like the brake power lead/running lamp lead are meant to be connected sharing the ground.Did this come with dirrections?

Can anyone tell me where this blue wire should be connevted to in order to get the relevant power supply to operate the running light once the engine/ignition is turned on.

Thanks all

On the bike side of the harness where it runs to the rear of the bike for the tail light , you need an orange for the running circuit and the red/yel for the brake light.

On the bike side of the harness where it runs to the rear of the bike for the tail light , you need an orange for the running circuit and the red/yel for the brake light.

Also may want to pick up a CD from Gary12850 regarding schematic and service manual...best $15 you probably will ever spend..."free plug Gary...." :D

I swear HD must package these things like that, I had the same problem, but somehow I matched the wires up & plugged the blue one into the connector & it worked. I just don't remember where. If you don't get it figured out, I will go & look tomorrow. Not sure if the street rod & the deuce have the same wiring though.

Back