free website stats program LED lighting | Harley Davidson Forums

LED lighting

StGlide1958

Just a short poll...how many use LED lighting to sparkle up thier ride? I recently installed a nice set on my Street Glide. Besides the reflectors getting caught from the flash, I have 12 strips of various sizes. The zone remote is a neat add-on also.

Attachments

• P7220013.jpg
    P7220013.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 60
Another led available is a led headlight. I was following a thread about HID lighting and someone mentioned about the led headlights. I don't know how effectively they illuminate the roadway but could be an interesting product.

JP Cycles has LED light strings to give your ride a warm glow at night, and switched off when not needed. They are very bright as trim goes and consume very little power compared to the incandescent types in the past.

LED headlights have a long way to go to equal Gliders' find...look in the self help section or search tab at the top for brighter headlight for around $12, takes less than 5 minutes to loosen the headlight trim at bottom and do the deed. May have to use a diagonal cutter to trim a small metal tab if it interferes with the installation.

HID headlights the way cool. They make the night roadway look like High definition TV, when compared to "old" normal TV... I also had LEDS for added visability at night.

I know! I know!! This isn't a touring bike but......! Thought you might be interested in my "Chandelier On Wheels". I have 37 LED Lights installed by a company here in Southern California. I was thrilled that the guys could get up and hide them under a smaller gas tank and frame and they're all hidden from view in daylight. It's really beautiful at night. I have the colors of a crystal reflection which is: green, blue, red, white. I've run them for up to 6 hours at a show and it fired up no problem for the ride home. They boast that you can go 8 hours.....? I love them and it's very entertaining for "all".

click on photos to enlarge:

Attachments

• 100_0688.jpg
    100_0688.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0215.jpg
    IMG_0215.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
MzBling has the LED evening lighting down...and all those crystals glow in the daylight too...! LEDs started on the Street Cruising scene because they consumed less power and did not overtax their smaller scale alternator/charging systems on bikes used at street cruising speeds.

LED lighting on Touring Bikes is now coming into their own. Auxiliary lighting used to be for tourers only due to the use incandescent lighting, huge current draw and their charging systems being able to handle extra burden, along with all their accessories.

Last edited:
Back