free website stats program LED light kit | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

LED light kit

I installed led light strips from the auto parts store. They have strips of different sizes and colors as well as pods. Most of these have a test button so that you can see the brightness before you buy them. Less expensive, just as good and easy to install. I have mine connected to the acc switch on the SG for a clean install with no additional switches, the switch has been wired hot so the ignition does not have to be on.

Auto parts store as in Advanced auto or auto zone? and what does SG stand for? I'm probably missing something real obvious but I gotta ask ahhahah

Auto parts stores i.e. AutoZone, Advanced. I actually bought the strips from Advanced auto parts. SG is short for Street Glide.:)

I will have to check out the lights at advanced. Are they low enough voltage to leave on when the bike is off?

I have left them on overnight ( not intentionally), the SG fired right up with no problems. Very low current draw, you won't be disappointed.:s

I am guessing you just need to wire these up to a switch then? Is there any option for a remote to put on my key chain?

dozens upon dozens of different kits on ebay. You can get a $20 kit or a $200 kit. Personally I prefer one with remote rather than just hardwired to a switch.

I purchased some from a store on ebay Florida joe i think it was they come all in a harness with a switch, in line fuse and all wire ties and extra wire that you need to install them. I think mine was the 28 set and you can purchase the remote control seperate. Don't have any pics yet cause bike is at dealers. Garage fire caused some damage and have to get it fixed. Nothing related to installing the wires though. They also have some on ebay that a guy i work with bought, they come in a chrome housing and have 5 lights in them. They look good and are really bright. I don't know exactly what store he got them from but they are on there.

IMHO, you can't get a better value than Custom Dynamics products. Check my profile picture. I have the Stingerz level two kit. 144 leds, 12 strips and super quality. Their kits come complete, and very simple to install.

Back