LED Headlight

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by madmax3434, Dec 28, 2015.

1. madmax3434

madmax3434 New Member

Was wondering what you thought about LED Headlights? I am looking at getting better light from my 2014 softail, So my options are HD Daymaker for$500+ dollars, Kuryakyn Phase 7 LED for about $250, or I heard about a company called CYRON Lighting that makes a LED bulb conversion for about $70. I guess im wondering if anybody has used these or knows about them? I don't wanna burn anything up with my wiring or electrical system? Any help on this Thanks in advance!!

2. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

3. wazzle

wazzle Member

Daymakers are awesome

4. Blue Wide Glide

Blue Wide Glide Junior Member

I have the Daymaker headlight, and spot lights on my Ultra, and they are fantastic! The design of the Daymaker unit makes it really stand out in the daytime also.

5. Harttoo

Harttoo Senior Member

I have the Daymaker and spots.Horrible in the country at night.Beam is a horizontal line at the top that dips when going into a turn.Does not light enough of the road in a turn.Halogen was better.Daymaker is great on a straight road.

6. Blue Wide Glide

Blue Wide Glide Junior Member

As with any lighting setup, they must be properly aimed to get the full benefit of the light.

7. Mikvi

Mikvi Member

I just bought some Chinese knock offs fro Flea Bay. I've mounted them (headlight and spots) but as I'm waiting for the fairing to come back from the painters, I haven't tried them. I paid $180.00 for all three. They can't be worse than the original 2001 light I had in the bike. I'll post once I try them.

8. wazzle

wazzle Member

That is the most headlights are on cars and trucks now.

9. coopernicus

coopernicus Junior Member Contributor

When my dims burnt out on stock headlight I replaced with Sylvania Silver Star Ultra pn: 9003 H4 Car headlight. It is the same wattage as stock but the light is so good that I don't even run my spots anymore.

10. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

The one time I tried the Sylvania Silver Star it didn't last 3000 miles before the high beam burnt out; I ride with my brights on during the day. The 28 year old H4 bulbs that were originally from a Mazda GLC lasted longer. Nice light from the Silver Star but gets expensive to change every oil change.