free website stats program Led headlight | Harley Davidson Forums

Led headlight

muttlange

Anyone install one of these PRICEY BABYS' YET? i got a question about setting the Low beam and Highbeam.

LED's have a few things working against them...while energy conserving, they do not develop much heat, so if you ride in icy cold weather, ice may form and not melt off. Also LED's do lose intensity after awhile, and 15% may not be much, with the amount of LED's being used it can be significant. Also replacement of the lighting LED element is probably more than the cost of replacing the entire light assembly.

For headlight I would use the $12.95 "Brighter" headlight to illuminate the front of the bike with ease and that OSRAM bulb is the same fit & form factor as the OEM lamp in most HD that use the replaceable H4 type lamp element.

http://www.hdtimeline.com/electrical_and_lighting_systems/1702-brighter_headlights.html

For turnsignals I would use miniature "Xenon projector lamps". they cost about $85 to $125 on sale, replacement elements cost $15...have had mine for 3 years and still going strong. Blinding bright (white in front, red in back) and get lot of compliments from other motorcyclists who can see me pretty far away...day or night.

HDCarbonFiberHelmet.jpg

Last edited:
Well I went ahead and purchased the Headlight $394.00 and had to get my 16 year old to help me read the instructions on how to set the LOW beam and High beam. I thought I was getting the Aux. along with the headlight but you know how Harleyis One piece per $ is their motto....

Back