free website stats program LED Flashing Brake Lights | Harley Davidson Forums

LED Flashing Brake Lights

ric14221

Account Removed
anyone using these? I am thinking about installing a brighter brake light, preferably, the flashing kind. Any recommendations? I saw the HD dealer version but they don't flash. Thanks

I have the Kuryakyn tail light and turn signal setup on my 07 FLHRC. All three lights flash during braking, the turn signals included. The tail light has chevrons blink in sync with the turn signals. You have to option to turn the flash off also. They are bright.

anyone using these? I am thinking about installing a brighter brake light, preferably, the flashing kind. Any recommendations? I saw the HD dealer version but they don't flash. Thanks

I've got the HD version and yes they don't flash. They are of good quality and are very bright. I guess the Kuryakyn would have been nice and probably cheaper for that matter. Able to have the flash on or off would be a nice feature too! I flash mine by slightly using the front brake. Just a habit now for me and I don't even think about it.
Ugly John

I don't have the LED, but did pu the relay on so that the turn signals are red now. Want all the lighting in the back that I can since the Sportsters brake light is so small. Safety in SC is important since most people here dont understand that a red light means Stop.

I don't have the LED, but did pu the relay on so that the turn signals are red now. Want all the lighting in the back that I can since the Sportsters brake light is so small. Safety in SC is important since most people here dont understand that a red light means Stop.

Steve I had to read your post a couple times. Are you saying your turn signal light are now all red ??

I got the following from this site Article 15. Light Restrictions and Mounting - Sections 25950-25952 - California Vehicle Code - California Code :: Justia

(b) The emitted light from all lamps and the reflected light from
all reflectors, visible from the rear of a vehicle, shall be red
except as follows:
(1) Stoplamps on vehicles manufactured before January 1, 1979, may
show yellow to the rear.
(2) Turn signal lamps may show yellow to the rear.
(3) Front side marker lamps required by Section 25100 may show
yellow to the rear.

It is my understanding that signal light have to be amber/yellow in color and the last thing you need is to be hassled be a cop on a mission.

Steve I had to read your post a couple times. Are you saying your turn signal light are now all red ??

I got the following from this site Article 15. Light Restrictions and Mounting - Sections 25950-25952 - California Vehicle Code - California Code :: Justia

except as follows:
show yellow to the rear.
yellow to the rear.

It is my understanding that signal light have to be amber/yellow in color and the last thing you need is to be hassled be a cop on a mission.

You can run red turn signals. The key being in the wording used on subsection 2. Turn signal lamps MAY show yellow to the rear. There are many cages that OEM are red in the rear.

i have the kuryakyn tail light on my 03 flhtc. also went with the turn signal led system. they are bright especialy at night.

the l.e.ds do not blink. if you use the incadesent bulb then u can use the BACK OFF module. it will not work with led because they do not draw enough to load the BACK OFF module.

except as follows:
show yellow to the rear.
yellow to the rear.

also it varys state to state here

Back