free website stats program LED Brakelights | Harley Davidson Forums

LED Brakelights

revok1200

I am wanting to add an extra set of LED Brakelights.

I am sure someone else has done this, where did you pull power from and how did you tap into the wiring?

I have an 06' RG. I am thinking about using the plug under the left fender rail, I think this is (12a) and I believe it is for the tour pak lights.

I have tested the plug and it is functioning and will work.

Does anyone have any better suggestions?

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

I used plug 12a.

I got the female plug and pins from the dealer and built my own harness. plugged the new harness into the existing plug on the left rail and everything is working just fine.

I will post some pics tomorrow.

Total for the entire job including the lights was approx. $55.00. I will just have to wait and see if the lights will last or give out.

Pics of the new led lights I added.

The light strips in the background are what I added.

Attachments

• normal lights.bmp
    425.4 KB · Views: 30
  • New lights.bmp
    425.4 KB · Views: 35
here are some of the lights i have added to the rear of my bike main brake light is the bright ass lights as well as some pep boys led strips, funny story- a cop pulled me over and said, "do u know why i pulled u over? of course i was like no why did u pull me over officer... he said just saw u over a mile away and had to see them in person and ask me where did i get my lights so he can put them on his...lol
2r4r7yu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
here are some of the lights i have added to the rear of my bike main brake light is the bright ass lights as well as some pep boys led strips, funny story- a cop pulled me over and said, "do u know why i pulled u over? of course i was like no why did u pull me over officer... he said just saw u over a mile away and had to see them in person and ask me where did i get my lights so he can put them on his...lol
2r4r7yu.jpg

That is a heap of lights, don't know if I will go that far but I don't see how you could ever be missed.

Back