free website stats program Led Brake Light /Plain Turn Signals / Passing Lamps | Harley Davidson Forums

Led Brake Light /Plain Turn Signals / Passing Lamps

Bud White

Retired Moderators
And lions and tigers oh my .. well not really

Ok so over time while waiting for parts and such i have been changing stuff

First was the lens covers i wanted smoked so i found a set and amber bulbs and red ones for the rear as i have the run turn brake box..

100_0292-1.jpg

100_0290-1.jpg

100_0283-1.jpg

100_0284-1.jpg

Ok now the tail light change

here it is Stock

100_0330-1.jpg

and on in stock form not super bright

100_0331-1.jpg

Here is the Led Smoked Assy from Harley

100_0332-1.jpg

100_0333-1.jpg

Ok now to the blue wire it is left out on purpose you have to know does it got in the 3rd or 4th slot .. you must remove old one and see..

100_0334-1.jpg

Now one complaint the blue wire is short and a real bear to put in .. a pair of super small needle nose pliers to bend and lock it in .. and the die electric grease Harley sends is super Runny

I didn't like it

Just on

100_0338-1.jpg

Brakes Applied

100_0341-1.jpg

As for passing Lamps i replace them with the Blue bulbs that are super bright draws just a tad bit more watts than stock bulbs very bright i couldn't get a good pic of them

100_0354-1.jpg

Hey Bud,Kuryakyn sells LED inserts for your rear turn signals.They're a nice addition to your taillight.IMO

yes they do then i have to buy a load equalizer then the alarm adapter and then i would want led front turn signals i looked it all up and decided for turn signals it was to much a hassle and cost

As for passing Lamps i replace them with the Blue bulbs that are super bright draws just a tad bit more watts than stock bulbs very bright i couldn't get a good pic of them

Do you have part #/manufacturer or specifications for the blue bulbs?

Steve

Do you have part #/manufacturer or specifications for the blue bulbs?

Steve

For the passing lamps if yours are the same plug as mine they are a 881 Bulb # you can search Ebay and find a ton of them so choose which make ya like best .. the ones i got say they are 37 watt compared to stock 25

Back