free website stats program Leaving in the morning.... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Leaving in the morning....

We had to battle some tough winds yesterday. This morning we woke to rain here in Hot Springs. looks like it's over for now, but we hear there will be more winds to contend with on our way up 7 to Harrison. I am going to try to attach a photo crossing the new river bridge at Greenville and another showing that they wanted us to park our bikes in a special spot on the sidewalk here at the Comfort Inn.
2209cb31.png

951feb5d.png

WAP.gif

My update got dropped before I could post it so here's a quick note.....Cloudy day, but full of fun curves and sort of pretty foliage, some places better than others. Went from Harrison up 7 to Peel, took the ferry across to MO and did some winding roads that led to Branson. From there up to Springfield to the HD dealership. Nice folks there for sure. Then back to Branson. So far 720 miles in the last 3 days.
7b92f24c.png

66f72713.png

Here's our sunset today...
22099c62.png

WAP.gif

Spectacular photos...enjoy, life on the road is pretty cool if you relax and take your time. It is not the start or the end, but how you get there! :D

BTW...is it possible to resize those photos to 800x600 or put the photos in you CP profile...those pictures are so big it makes this thread very slow to load. We will need to remove them if they remain this large...thank you for your cooperation.

Last edited:
Today was chilly, windy, but wonderfully sunny. We bundled up and headed from our Harrison base to Ponca, Boxley (yes, saw the elk), and Kingston. Up 23 from Huntsville, we then turned west on12/127. We stayed on 127 (great road) back to 12 and over to 62 at Rogers where we visited Pig Trail HD. Then it was time to make our way back via Eureka Springs. It was a great day, full of curves and scenic views. The only bad thing was when a cager turned in front of my husband. He had to hit the brakes and he wiggled bad, but he saved it. I nearly freaked since I saw it all......
Say prayers for our safe return home tomorrow. Thanks!
98647bc4.png

58aa925e.png

c80c6ced.png

35c73c0c.png

8b2c7ff7.png

WAP.gif

Back