free website stats program Leathers | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Leathers

Was in Portland this week on business. I stopped at Langlitz Leather and ordered the top of line jacket. Columbia Motorcycle Jacket - Langlitz Leathers
I went whole hog, goat skin, padded elbows, padded shoulders, belt, epalauts, pockets,and black leather. I expect delivery in 8 weeks or less. Price, $1650.00, stupid to pay that much a jacket that will outlast me, evne if it is custom made to fit me. I also got a pair of leather gauntlet gloves.

I was going to get a helmet, I found a Shoi for about $500.00, but after getting a new windshield, there was not much left for McMinamins Hammerhead and IPA.

Thanks for the knowledge and help in knowing what to look for.

Good for you! Nice choice on a product that will last you forever.

It's all relative. Some people spend $1600 gambling, ladies of the night or other vices. Wear your made in the USA jacket with pride.
Just remember to not leave it on the back of a chair while you go to the men's room. :s

Was in Portland this week on business. I stopped at Langlitz Leather and ordered the top of line jacket. I went whole hog, goat skin, padded elbows, padded shoulders, belt, epalauts, pockets,and black leather. I expect delivery in 8 weeks or less. Price, $1650.00, stupid to pay that much a jacket that will outlast me, evne if it is custom made to fit me. I also got a pair of leather gauntlet gloves.

I was going to get a helmet, I found a Shoi for about $500.00, but after getting a new windshield, there was not much left for McMinamins Hammerhead and IPA.

Thanks for the knowledge and help in knowing what to look for.

Read the whole thread, I guess no one knows who Langlitsz is or what they do... I lived in Portland for 20 years and Langlitz has made me 2 vests, 1 brown goat and one black cow, and I bought the Columbia with belt and epaulets and a few other blings for $1000 in 2007... Interesting that it's now a $1600 jacket. Guess I can probably sell it used for more than I paid for it, good luck selling cheap crap imported used leathers for anything. (It's not for sale!)

If you got the dosh, you made the right choice. My jacket's 7 years old and just about broken in now...

I want to thank everyone for their advice. I came back from a job, and my Langlitz jacket was on the back porch. I put it on, Dee had to help loosen the side strings so my belly fit. (Her fault my gut hangs over my belt, she is too a good cook) I had to go out to the shop so I could sit on the Road King and see how it fit. It fits great! and looks great! I should stay in and bill todays work, but I feel the need to hit the road. There is a road off of Hwy 7, that goes to Long Creek. Not fast, but gentle corners, following the John Day River. About 2.5 hours and 105 miles. Home by Hwy 26 to Hwy 7, about 2.5 hours and 120 miles. If I stop at the sawmill, I could call it a business trip, and write off the milage. Ain't America great!

Back