free website stats program Leathers | Harley Davidson Forums

Leathers

fireguyq

I am going to buy a leather jacket. I went to Langlitz Leathers in Portland last week. I really like their stuff and ever since I started riding in high school, I wanted one of their jackets. I want the Columbia. But, it is $1390.00, with options $1875.00! Gauntlet gloves are $100.00. Plus my girlfriend's Langlitz has shrunk (?) and I will be paying to have the alterations done.

http://www.langlitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/columbia_2.jpg

I don't want an import $169.95 jacket. I have looked at Fox Creek, Hillside USA, & Schott Leather. Those are in the $650.00 to $1050.00 range.

What weight leather should I look at, goat, cow, horse? Armour? Brass zippers or Nylon? Any other suggestions?

I like my local shop, small, Mom and Pop kinda place. I have one custom made for me jacket and another off the rack, (with alterations and a couple of patches).

The custom jacket cost a little more than half of your base "Columbia". Don't remember the cost of the other jacket. I also have a pair of their chaps. They suited my desires, didn't care about the cost.

They can be found here: Just Leather 2370 Stevens Creek Blvd. San Jose Ca. 95128 408-286-3450

Yes, they will ship to you.

Cheers!
Ferrous

Fox Creek is first rate stuff. Very heavy duty, customer service is great. I have years of great service from multiple products from them. I wouldn't go anywhere else at this point. FWIW, I would stay away from a nylon zipper. Armor is a personal thing IMO. Good luck in your search.

Fox Creek makes quality products, I have one of their jackets, my wife just bought one, very well made, the price was around $350.
Check out Walter Dyer their products are top shelf also, have one of their jackets going on 30years.

I bought mine at a motorcycle show outside Atlanta 5 years ago. Probably only medium quality leather/zippers, etc. but it came with a liner, keeps me warm, has lasted 5 years+, and cost me less than $150!

+1 on Fox Creek, especially the gauntlet gloves. My Jacket is HD, a very well made one, works for me.

+1 here on the Fox Creek. Have several of their products. Just love the jacket I got from them a couple of years ago.

++1 on Fox Creek Leather. I have a jacket as well as my wife. Great quality and service. The best part is made in the U.S.A.

Back