free website stats program Leathers + dew rag = Bad Service. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Leathers + dew rag = Bad Service.

CRAZYFROG I have had the same thing happen. I went into a local bike shop one day on my lunch break (dress pants & polo shirt) and got ignored and had to help myself. Later that afternoon I went in with a sleeveless shirt with tatoos showing (still had dress pants on though) and it was night and day. There attitude changed when tattoos where showing and sleeveless shirt on.

I get looks and attitude alot. Im sleeved with tattoos from shoulder to wrist and above the knees to my feet. ive got long hair and a long beard. the way im looking at it is if your that biased against people that look that way then snub me and youll save me the time of trying to get to know you. if your open minded then youll find im a kind man and really enjoy helping people. Im not saying i dont understand some people being uneasy, thats nature. I get uneasy at times when im out of my element. but the funniest is the people i meet when im out with my two young daughters at a park or just out hangin. Im a daddy before im anything else. I think thats an instant ice breaker.

I think it's funny that folks will profile us and have no idea about our true selves. next time I pull up and the soccer mom locks the door and rolls up the window, I'm going to blow them a kiss and see what they have to say.

Bubba

I used to get more looks when my hair was long, not as much now that it's shorter. I do, however, find that when i'm on the road I get alot of disrespect there I think because people seem to believe because I have a loud bike that they have to drive like morons around me and show out to show me who's boss because they're vehical is bigger and the scary biker can't intimidate them. BTW I'm not scary lol.

I could be wrong about what these people might be thinking though lol.

It's so funny what other people think and say. I'm a engineer so I have to wear nice slacks and shirt at work. On the days I ride my bike, I wear a nice looking pair of jeans with a dress shirt. By nice I mean, clean, no holes. And sticking out of my jeans are my boots. Man oh man. Someone has to say something about the boots. Jealousy is what it is. I'm 55 years old and finally bought another bike this year. Haven't had one for 30 years. I got the dew rags going and it seems as if I'm a different person. Walk into the bank the other day at lunch time to cash my check, and forgot about the dew rag. Helmet in hand, glasses off, it was like I was a different person. I was even asked for my I.D. I treat people like I would want to be treated. It funny how us bikers are sterotyped. It seems we are all Hell's Angels.

I do just that. If I get the finger salute, I wave back. I blow kisses to the kids in the back seat when they wave and can just imagine what the mom driving is saying as she is rolling up the window. I'm not one for road rage. Go around me with a smile. Pretty soon they way the economy is going, they'll all be wearing leathers and riding Harleys.

Back