free website stats program Leathers + dew rag = Bad Service. | Harley Davidson Forums

Leathers + dew rag = Bad Service.

bikermonkey

My friends say I’m a magnet for bad customer service, perhaps. But I have noticed in the last year or so the quality of service I get when in my riding gear drops proportionality to the amount of hardware I have on. Waitress’ come by less often to check on how we are doing than their other tables, store clerks don’t speak, gas station attendants check to make sure the gun is under the counter and in general they act like you’re a bum that should be eating a happy meal off the kids menu. I’m friendly to everyone I meet and try to set a good example for other “bikers” and don’t feel some of the publics reactions are justified. You guys get that attitude too ?:bigsmiley29:

My friends say I’m a magnet for bad customer service, perhaps. But I have noticed in the last year or so the quality of service I get when in my riding gear drops proportionality to the amount of hardware I have on. Waitress’ come by less often to check on how we are doing than their other tables, store clerks don’t speak, gas station attendants check to make sure the gun is under the counter and in general they act like you’re a bum that should be eating a happy meal off the kids menu. I’m friendly to everyone I meet and try to set a good example for other “bikers” and don’t feel some of the publics reactions are justified. You guys get that attitude too ?:bigsmiley29:

Kind of like the disaproving looks from older female gagers when you are next to them at a stop light. What they don't realize is that if they were broke down on the side of the road
a person on a bike would most likely be the first to offer help.

Yep, I feel like I get that treatment too. And I am BIG, so I feel like I get it twice as much. This stereo typing is (edited). I choose to not go back to places where I get treated like that.
:mgun:bigsmiley8:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I feel like I get that treatment too. And I am BIG, so I feel like I get it twice as much. This stereo typing is (edited). I choose to not go back to places where I get treated like that.
:mgun:bigsmiley8:
Yup!
I was at a light the other day, there were 3 little kids in a car with their mother, they rolled the window down and were smiling, thumbs up and asked me to rev the motor, well i smiled back at them, gave thumbs up with a wave and cracked the throttle a little (Not over doing it). Mom started to yell at them, would not look at me, rolled the widows up and...As i read her lips---> "Don't talk to Him" ? Why? She has no clue who i am, what i do and were i was going.
Guess we are labled?:bigsmiley6:

Last edited:
I have to agree, I have a good story about that. Most of the time I go out on the bike, especially alone, kids in cars get a kick out of waving at the girl on the bike. Even the parents smile and wave most of the time. One day, I needed to run down to the computer store, (big box type) and get a hard drive for the laptop. I figured it was a nice spring day (unlike today) and I figured, yeah, it's a lot of highway, maybe a bit chilly, but if I wore the chaps and leather jacket, I would be okay, and it being a hard drive for the lap top, easy enough to get home on the bike.

I get to the store, figure this will take 5 minutes, so I didn't do much more than take the helmet off & unzip the jacket. I walked through the store, no one would come over & assist me, I walked back to the sales area where I saw a couple of workers watching a movie no less, and told them what I needed, and they said, 'we don't work that department'. I asked if anyone did, and they said they didn't know where they were. I just smiled and said okay, I'll just go on down to the competition at the next exit. I walked all the way through the store and got out the door without any one calling to say someone needs help in this department. :bigsmiley6:

I got back on the bike, went down to the competitor and got the hard drive and returned home. Go figure, no wonder the geek squads out there get labeled. It could go down to just poor customer service, but I guess some of the wizards in the world actually think that there are people who cannot have a life and tinker with computers......My nickels worth here...:D

This is a funny thread coz last night a few of us went out at a catfish house. We were talking about this subject. We're always seem to be treated with respect in our area. The biker groups do lots of charity work in the area.Also most of us ride with the PGR and we're know for that as well. I don't know if it the country type area we live in, are what?...May be its just good old Missouri hospitality. I think when we've traveled across country if we are with a large group..yeah we've been put in the room in the back..lol Don't seem to bother us..Coz we are doing what we love. I do however get the biggest kick out of folks when we (as a group ) pull up to a restaurant we get "LOOKS"...till we remove our helmets...and folks see a bunch a gray haired, clean cut folks..the younger people give us a thumbs up..the older ones ..well they are just older!..lol.. I have to admit however we do this little thingee when lady's gives us a the " look" at stop lights...specially if there are kids in the car..We throw them a kiss..wow the looks on the kids faces are priceless..we can just see them going home and telling Dad...Hey dad some bikers threw Mom a kiss today..Yeah Yeah I know it ain't right ..but dang its fun!:bigsmiley18:

That was just one out of MANY, MANY smiles and waves and thumbs up.
I dont care what others may think and that goes for family as well, there have been a few comments from family members, but to me that is jealousy. I am being who i want to be and not what we are expected to be.
I treat people the way I want to be treated..Respect! Torn jeans, dew-rag or 3 peice suit all the same to me. The guy in the suit may have a stable full of bikes and makes his living that way. The guy in torn jeans may put a "white collar" on between the hours of 8 and 5.
Thats my 3 cents worth...working on a nickle!:D

Yep, that’s me. I work on a government contact and I dress business for work, but when I get on the bike and the tats are showing and the leather is adorned with my skull and bones dew rag, presto,, respect drops 49.82% by my calculation, lol. The fun is when I run into a co-worker or peer and they have never seen me in all the biker garb, they can’t believe it’s the same person, though I ride the bike to work all summer long. Anyway, glad I started this thread and hopefully good acts on our parts will eventually sway the numbers in our direction.

Yep, that’s me. I work on a government contact and I dress business for work, but when I get on the bike and the tats are showing and the leather is adorned with my skull and bones dew rag, presto,, respect drops 49.82% by my calculation, lol. The fun is when I run into a co-worker or peer and they have never seen me in all the biker garb, they can’t believe it’s the same person, though I ride the bike to work all summer long. Anyway, glad I started this thread and hopefully good acts on our parts will eventually sway the numbers in our direction.
Same here BM, I am an operations manager, and deal with a few fortune 500 compaines, they have no clue whats under my sleves:D

same here as well i have 18 tats and two on my neck , i just wish i could find a pair of boots that go with the 3 piece suit thing , and the real funny looks i get is when i invite sumone to my church when im out just being who god made me to be and enjoying life . people see my ink coverd arms on my bike and they see satan himself , lil do they know jesus would have been a biker too, he died for us all, even bikers ,is what i tell them

Back