free website stats program Leather Jackets | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Leather Jackets

Leather Jackets made for bikers specifically have longer arms that are shaped for the riding position to prevent fatigue from fighing against the material. Look at a quality leather "riding jacket" hanging on a hanger and you will see what I mean.

I love the way a woman smells when she is wearing new leather. It really turns me on. She reminds me of a new pickup. Fossil

First thing I bought (after the bike) was a Fox Creek Classic (have zero tolerance for American brands made in China: almost everything with HD on it). But I'm afraid that on those 90+ days I'm in the wind in Teeshirt, Prison Blues & Red Wings.

There's an old saying "There's only 2 kinds of bikers (Riders) on the road. Those who have been down and those that will"

It should be "Those who have been down and those who might" We'll see in about 30 more yrs, because I plan to ride Till I die.

mine is made in the USA as well!

You are the exceptions and not the rule. I was just in the shop last week looking at H-D jackets, and even their top of the line FXRG is made in China. I'll grant that the FXRG line is good stuff, but still made in China to H-D specs.

Yes, leather is a must. I echo the point that many have already made -- it's got to be the good stuff. "Poser" leather might look fine in the bar, but it doesn't have the density to provide impact cushion and it'll scrape and shred through in all but the most minor asphalt slides.

+1 for the Fox Creek stuff; I wouldn't trade mine for anything else (Langlitz, Schott and Vanson are outstanding brands too). Yes it's expensive, but significantly cheaper -- and less painful-- than an ER visit. :s

If i could i would have a jacket made from my ex wifes pitbull hide,tough as a crocodile and twice as ugly..ideal for bike riding.

I read a report..wish I could remember where it came from...was done by a independent lab...Leather vs Denim....on a skid across pavement the denim wore through in 4 foot...and leather went 85 foot before it contacted what would have been your skin...a real eye opener.:shock

It was Motorcyclist magazine...I think in the late 80's. They found that leather has random grain pattern that resists abrasion better than textiles (including Aramid - bullet proof vest stuff) and of course Denim which both run once the tread is severed. They also found that smooth leather handled the sliding down the road for >20 feet more than leather that had threaded seams that tear out any protective panels or suede which just dug in and tore open.

Wear leather, it will save your hide so you can continue to contribute to this forum :newsmile071:

My leather jacket must be about 12 years old. My wife gave it to me as a Christmas present and it was purchased from my local Harley Dealer. It was made in the USA and it's much nicer than the ones I see in the store now. The leather is a very good quality and the workmanship is awesome. Looks like I may never have to buy another one since I am 58 now and this jacket looks as good as it did when I first received it.

Back