free website stats program Leather jacket | Harley Davidson Forums

Leather jacket

softail00

I have been looking to buy a leather jacket. What should I look for when buying? Does Harley make a better jacket or am I just buying a name what are some good places to buy from?

there are definatly better jackets for the money. i got mine at a local store for half the money and its lasted for years. their jackets are good quality but a bit pricey. and like everything else harley you are paying extra to have the name on there.

I lucked out and found one with all the features I wanted at a large Motorcycle Show outside Atlanta a year ago. Since it was a huge show the prices were probably half what I would have paid at any retail store.

Things to look for:
1) Fit - get one specifically made for motorcycle riding. Longer in the sleeves and in back so it still feels good sitting and reaching for the handlebars
2) Protection - many have an extra layer of leather or even some type of internal armor in the elbows and shoulders
3) All weather - nice to have a zip-out liner for cooler weather and vents for warmer weather
4) Pockets - make sure they all zip and look for some inside pockets, too
5) Sleeve zippers - makes it easier to put on gloves

I have two HD leather jackets and one HD vest,,,and I have to say that I am quite pleased with all three. The leather on mine is much heavier than most of the other jackets I have seen and looked at.......And I can definitely say they aren't junk. Now HD does make some light leather jackets that aren't impressive.

For anyone in Ontario the Old Hide House in Acton,you can have anything you want made and the quality is excellent,I have had my Jacket for 20 yrs.

Here's my take on it:

Harley Davidson makes motorcycles, not clothing.

Buy from a maker known for making clothing.

If it says Harley on it, it's just a name.

I like Langlitz........

Here's my take on it:

Harley Davidson makes motorcycles, not clothing.

Buy from a maker known for making clothing.

If it says Harley on it, it's just a name.

I like Langlitz........

Have you been to a Harley dealer lately? Are you sure they are not a boutique shop?:(

Back