free website stats program Leather Heat Shield thigh savers yeah or nay? | Harley Davidson Forums

Leather Heat Shield thigh savers yeah or nay?

bcortani

jI have an 08 Softail Heritage. Am starting to toy with the ideal to install a set of those leather heat shield thigh savers that clap under your seat and hang over the hot parts of the motor. they look good. Not very expensive. Any pros or cons? Not fining much negative about them so far...thanks!!

I run a set on my Ultra Classic and they work great ,having used them I don't think i'd be without them.

I have the plastic shields that mount in the same place on my Electra Glide. They are about 1/2 the size of the leather type. They do deflect a noticeable amount of heat from my thighs at low speeds and stopped. I imagine the larger ones will deflect even more.

If you are talking about the "no more fried thighs" I have talked to folks that have them, nothing but good comments. BTW they are constructed of vinyl covered aluminum. Go to the RJS originals web page for more info.

+1 on where Russ said to look, that's where I got mine. Mention you are a member of HDT for I believe a 10% discount.

Back