free website stats program Leather fringes on hand grips | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Leather fringes on hand grips

I have a nice pair on my Heritage.I bought them from a place called IronBraids.They come with chrome levers are professionally braided and you can get them in colors to match the paint of your bike.

Thanks Ugly John for the cold hard facts that I was afraid I would hear. But it seems there are a lot of guys from this forum who have them too.
I was looking for some good honest feedback from this forum which I believe I got. Thanks all.
HC

I have them and rarely they will touch my arm mainly in gusty cross winds.

Of course I have had a couple of guys in cages wink at me when we are stopped at an intersection. Why anyone would wink at a 61 year old guy that has never been much to look at is beyond me. To each his own I guess.

Oh great Spade5, that's all I needed to hear. Guys winking at you! Yikes, I never thought of THAT! It's bad enough Ugly John thought that fringes were for ladies but now I hear that I'm gonna get winked at! ;-(
Oh man. Well it's too late. I have already ordered them. I'll see how it goes after I put them on.

My advice is whatever you do, don't wink back. Just my luck I would get something in my eye at the wrong time and my eye would start twitching.

I like some fringe because that is how I remember the dressers in the 50's. Seems like most had some.

I have mine on the levers and it seems to help my grip. If you are going this route, remember they make the clutch lever slightly bigger and you may have to adjust if it won't disengage completely. Probably not an issue.

I like mine just fine. They do not whip me (bummer) but I don't do the cool wave cuz I am afraid of getting tangled up in them!

To fringe or not to fringe isn't the question......
To do what you like or worry about what other people like, is.

As to fringe on the floorboards, I'd think they would get really dirty and ratty very quickly. I'm guessing they wouldn't look very good after a short time.

To fringe or not to fringe isn't the question......
To do what you like or worry about what other people like, is.

As to fringe on the floorboards, I'd think they would get really dirty and ratty very quickly. I'm guessing they wouldn't look very good after a short time.

Believe it or not, I now have them on my floorboard too! I like the look. Glad to hear that they don't get too ratty looking.

Back