Leather Bag Inserts

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by USAPL09, Jun 22, 2009.

1. USAPL09

USAPL09 Member

Has anyone had the "stiffener" inserts installed in leather saddle bags? I have a 2009 Heritage Classic with the leather bags... this weekend I was talking to a guy that suggested I look into the "boss bag" system... or in no time my bags will be junk. I looked into it and they run $200... which I would pay if it ment keeping my bags looking new... any input?
  2. Crazyfrog

Crazyfrog Active Member

My dad has them in his 06' Heritage, and they look like brand new. I have seen some bags that within 1 year look like they are ready to fall off the bike.
    Take a look around the net and on ebay. There are numerous bag stiffners out there for less than $200. But the nicer ones I'm sure will hold up better.
  3. RUSHMORE_14

RUSHMORE_14 Junior Member

Try Papabags.com. I saw this guy at the bike show in NYC this winter. Nice guy.The product is pretty cool. Just a couple of bars and installation is a snap. Just ordered mine. Cost is pretty much the same
  4. gasbag

gasbag Active Member

I just installed Got Saggy Bag's product in my 06 Heritage bags and it made them look new again. They cost $125 and are worth every penny.

They were very easy to install except for the front stiffener. After about 5 minutes of excruciatingly painfull thinking, I don't think too often if I can help it, I figured out an alternate method to install them and it was done. Took me about 1/2 hour per bag.
  5. dhorne

dhorne Active Member

I put in the saggy bags and was very impressed, took around a half hour per bag , i recall paying 75 bucks for them on ebay.....