free website stats program Learning to ride again with..... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Learning to ride again with.....

Hey Tony....really like your signature!

Jeff.....I guess we ALL have a passion for riding....I find it hard NOT to ride again when every time I just sit on the bike......I get a smile from ear to ear! I don't think I could smile ear to ear if I had Tanks LIVE parrot on my shoulder.....ears would be pecked off....... :newsmile100:

BRIAN

I HAVE to keep this thread alive. Come this Thursday, I get my new foot! I just hope the weather co-operates for me. It has been down to 34 the last couple of nights. Come heck or high water, next week-end is gonna be the time! Can't tell you all how important this is to me! Been on crutches since 1-26-12, and JUST to ride down the road before I put my ride to bed for the winter, is just killing me. I have started her up and let her run oh so many times, it's going to be oh so flippen AWESOME when I can at least get on her and ride a mile! Sorry to be so, I guess anxious, but I can't wait!

Thanks Tank.......the ANTICIPATION is killing me! I guess people that have not been in my position don't realize what this means. At 62 years young, this could be the breaking point. What I would like to say, I would get a VACATION!......But, I need all the support I can get!

BRIAN

I just happen to be short a couple of left socks, want to sell yours cheap?? JK, I am glad of your outlook and it is inspiring to me to know we have such passionate riders in here to be friends with and who have the positive outlook to find at the good in lifes unexpected pitfalls and to make the best of it. If we don't fit the world....make the world fit us. If you ever get to PNW I would love to ride a few miles with ya.

Hey thanks Jack.....like I said earlier...hopefully end of October going to try....and.....there will be pics.......heh heh heh heh

BRIAN

Brian,

Makes it ALL worth while to see a fellow Biker getting with the program of

"Live to ride and Ride to LIVE".

Hope the weather cooperates.:s

The BEST........

signed....BUBBIE

Brian my hat is off to you :hii any all others who do not give up. there is a guy on the Island who is an amputee just above the knee. prosthetic limbs are not something that is not readily available in Venezuela which might be his reason for the trike or do to all the stops he would have to make in traffic.
a couple years ago at the Lone-star Rally, a guy and his girl showed up at one of the pubs along the beach. i attached a photo of his trike, he was a double amputee. plus if memory serves me right his left hand consisted of and index finger and a thumb (i remember only two digits and one being the thumb). a wheel chair hung on the back sissy bar. once they got where they were going his lady would get off fist and move the chair close to him (only with in his reach as to not pamper). the place was crowded and we were all standing on the balcony watching the bikes pull into the parking lot. everyone on the balcony was watching (we all just thought it was a cool looking trike), then they got off and EVERYONE'S jaw hit the ground. the man could ride !!!!!!
where there is a will there is a way....you certainly have the will Brian and i am sure you will find a way.

Attachments

• DSCN0113.jpg
    DSCN0113.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 34
Well here it is a month after I made my last post in this thread. The surgeon is playing hardball with my foot Dr, and STILL no new foot! So what that means, is...is...rats!, I have to put my girl in her room for the winter. :( The weather here is turning bad, and there would be no way that I would have time to 'learn' how to ride again this year. Man, the FRUSTRATION that is hitting me! As soon as I get my foot, there is going to be plenty of pics, that's for sure. I can be thankful I put around 3-4 hundred miles on my girl before they chopped it off. There was a post on here about sitting on your bike when not running, and thinking and making noises about better days. I do that about once a week now. Sometimes things in life just aren't fair eh?

BRIAN

Well here it is a month after I made my last post in this thread. The surgeon is playing hardball with my foot Dr, and STILL no new foot! So what that means, is...is...rats!, I have to put my girl in her room for the winter. :( The weather here is turning bad, and there would be no way that I would have time to 'learn' how to ride again this year. Man, the FRUSTRATION that is hitting me! As soon as I get my foot, there is going to be plenty of pics, that's for sure. I can be thankful I put around 3-4 hundred miles on my girl before they chopped it off. There was a post on here about sitting on your bike when not running, and thinking and making noises about better days. I do that about once a week now. Sometimes things in life just aren't fair eh?

BRIAN

I cannot imagine what toll this has taken on you, All I can say is there is a will and a way you will ride again, your are in my prayers

I have an acquaintance who lost his right leg below the knee and rides an Ultra. Quite well, I might add. I've ridden with another guy who is missing his lower right leg and rides a Gold Wing. Watching them ride, you'd never be able to tell.

Sorry for your situation. Hopefully you'll be riding next year.

proth3_zps1a13c902.jpg

proth2_zpsf87034ef.jpg

This is my NEW riding companion!

I can't wait till the weather breaks, and climb on my Girl ! Been a LONG time coming! What a GREAT Christmas present to me!

BRIAN

Back