free website stats program Learned something today. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Learned something today.

RWB, I got it figured out! It's all relative. When I learned on a 250cc I thought it was huge and could not make a U turn. Now going from the FXDL to a 250cc,, it feels like a mini bike. So all we have to do is ride a fully loaded Bagger for a while and then go back to the Dyna's !!:)

Yea that might do it. You know if I had enough money I would love to buy a Suzuki 650cc dirt bike as a second bike. I miss riding in the woods like when I was younger. If I won the lottery, I would keep my Dyna, but buy a Heritage and the dirt bike. Dreaming is fun for a guy with limited funds.

I ride the course behind my dealers frerquently. I can do the figure 8 on my Dyna and my Ultra. You can do it, you just need to practice. It will come if you try.

I have thought about that more than once. But everytime I go riding it's usually with the wife and we have other places to go. But maybe someday I will find an empty parking lot and do that.

I like the idea of having endorsement tests be specific to the type of bike you will be riding. For instance, if you have a Katana, the course should be required to be riden in flip-flops with a Hello-Kitty back pack on. If you have a shovelhead with 20" apes, the test should include a burn-out and riding under a hotdog real slow!

i like the idea of having endorsement tests be specific to the type of bike you will be riding. For instance, if you have a katana, the course should be required to be riden in flip-flops with a hello-kitty back pack on. If you have a shovelhead with 20" apes, the test should include a burn-out and riding under a hotdog real slow!

lol.....lol.....lol....

I'm sighed up for a MSF class next month. After 30 years or so of being on and off bikes I'm looking forward to learning things I didn't know, and being reminded of stuff I forgot!

I like the idea of having endorsement tests be specific to the type of bike you will be riding. For instance, if you have a Katana, the course should be required to be riden in flip-flops with a Hello-Kitty back pack on. If you have a shovelhead with 20" apes, the test should include a burn-out and riding under a hotdog real slow!

Good one! But I am interested in taking a riding course on my own bike.:)

LOL, really tho, I can remember when you had to stall your bike and restart it, they stopped that in MN. when a young girl with a XLCH tipped it over and burned her legs real bad

Bought my first H-D in 2003, it was/is an 99' FLHR. I got my permit the same day and also enrolled in a MRF beginners course. 5 or 6 Saturday mornings both classroom and course riding. They had little Honda/Yamaha 125's. I couldn't imagine being able to do the figure 8 in the box on the Road King having as much difficulty managing it on the little scooters. I passed the course, got my permanent DL motorcycle endorsement and rode for the rest of the year. The following year they offered the advanced rider course. Pretty much the same course as the beginner but on your own bike. I'll be (EDIT) if I wasn't doing figure 8's in the box with my bagger. Next course 2 ups. Hope the wife can keep up! LOL.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
my father had my sister and i training on one of those old 55 red honda before i could touch the ground so he found an old home made mini bike and i drove around our front and back yard for a long time under his supervision. then i was on dirt bikes a long time when i turned 16 he had a 100 yamaha he used to get back and forth to work (1 cent per km dad is cheap)
i remember the guy behind me at the road test he had a old honda 750 four with extended forks. the tester looked at him on his bike then at the cones and said if you can do every second one i will pass you on this part.
my license expired while i was overseas so i had to take the course, BEST THING I had done in a long time even if it is just for a refresher , worth every penny and i would love to take more. love those turns move your head your bike will follow:rider

Back