free website stats program Lean Running Sporty | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lean Running Sporty

When i read this I came across this: "This can be done without removing the carb by rotating it slightly for better access to the screws and works best with a stage 1 intake kit. Using the stock air cleaner would cause a rich condition with this proceedure" My intake/Air Cleaner is stock, will this not work?

MY OPINION:

If you say the bike ALWAYS ran lean.... IT RUNS LEANER after you knock open the baffles...

IT was LEAN before the baffles and LEANER AFTER the baffles opened...
IF you plan NOTHING else right now you can JET UP like Hobbit says and JETTING UP SIZE will make it run fine....

If you are going to do the AIR and put on EXHAUST to get a good sound then DO IT now ....

AFTER done with that DO THE JETTING needed to make it run correctly....

If you do the jets BEFORE and change a LITTLE later , YOU WILL PROBABLY need to RE-DO the jets again to make it run RIGHT...

YOU are lucky (IMO) to have a carb to work with... The carb is what I have on my 1200R and LOVE the "do it myself" adjustments to it..

I have JETTED UP..... slow jet and main jet,,,, to make it RUN properly... removed the CAP cover on the IDLE ADJUSTMENT SCREW to OPEN it OUT a little to make the NEEDED ADJUSTMENT ,,,,, AFTER all the mods were done........ MINE,,,

A full stage one: PYTHON 3'S EXHAUST AND BIG SUCK AIR....

On your wifes AIR I would simply go with HD's scrm'n eagle air and call it good.....
On the exhaust ,,, LISTEN to a few LIKE BIKES and let HER decide where to go with that...

You might find following her a little on the DEEF SIDE.... Ha ha

GET THAT MOTOR RUNNING RUNNING DOWN THE HIGHWAY

signed....BUBBIE

Back