free website stats program Lean = more power??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Lean = more power???

Mavagrand

my brother says running a bike lean will give you more power..."more heat, more power" was his mantra. I know my bike felt like it had more power after I installed an Xied on it, so I feel richening up the mixture will give you more power..whose right??

lean bike will get up and go to a point then it starts damaging stuff . lean dont = more power

my brother says running a bike lean will give you more power..."more heat, more power" was his mantra. I know my bike felt like it had more power after I installed an Xied on it, so I feel richening up the mixture will give you more power..whose right??

In my opinion, it will only work that way if you're already running too rich.
How would you get more power by removing the fuel?? An engine runs hot when
it's running lean.
Add more air,
add more fuel,
get it out the exhaust.

Start over. :)

Richer..for Power.
Richer...for Safety

You can take more chances with running lean when watercooled.

most engines make power between 12 and 13 AFR so any higher = leaner means the motor wont have any combustable fuel so how can it make more power?
power = correct oxygen + correct fuel

more oxygen needs more fuel - heat does not make power it robs power - yes you need the heat in the pipe to help flow to air but not in the combustion chamber to much heat causes predetonation (pinging) meaning timing is out and you get hot spots on the heads burning the fuel before the proper point

hahahaha i could not spell it LOL an engine needs to Stoichmetrically correct to function
I had problems spelling too :)

Better to eror on the rich side less engine damage old drag racing advice

One word STOICHIOMETRY....

Ride Safe All...

Actually Stoichiometric is 14.7 to 1 which is lean.

You actually want to run a mixture of under 14.7
Example: narrow band o2 sensors try to maintain the engine @ Stoichiometric or 1 lambda.

Back