free website stats program "Lean Angle" Question.. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

"Lean Angle" Question..

Yep, that's what I was told also. Makes sense, but just looking at the bike using a few string measurements it "looks" like you could push it much harder than that..
Was just wondering... Tks!

Did you check that angle while the bike was laden?...might be what that includes, as the bike will "sack" about an 1.5 to 2".

Did you check that angle while the bike was laden?...might be what that includes, as the bike will "sack" about an 1.5 to 2".

No I did not. That's a good point.
I should probably have a friend ride the bike so I can get a better look at what's going on. Just looking down at the factory pegs and calculating what it would take to make them scrape sure looks a lot more than 31 degrees to me. It appears like it would take 45 degrees to do it. But now that I can shake the fear of the angle bank sensor kicking in, I feel alot better.

i thought the reason the angle bank sensor kicks in is because you lost the rear end and are sitting in a ditch with the bike on top of you. I think its around the 55 degree mark , but not worth proving.:D

Hobbit, That's exactly what I was thinking. Only thing is the 2009 Dyna has that "safety feature" which kills the ignition when the bike is at a 45 degree angle so the spec must be 31 degrees from vertical. I don't like that safety feature and I know of no way to turn it off.
huh? really? 09 dynas have that safety feature?
never lean hard my bike, but i think it's kinda dangerous the engine goes out in the middle of cornering...

I would have thought there was a bank angle sensor when bike has leaned 45 deg the ignition would be cut & if EFI the fueling would be cut. When I had my parking lot, speed bump tip over, I had the bike beyond 45 degrees and still had to hit the kill switch...of course my bike is carbureted so there probably was no sensor or mechanical fuel shutoff/engine kill switch interlock.

Of course, newer EFI, ICM and TSM/TSSM microprocessor could easily do the deed as it controls everything fueling, ignition, a/f mixture, security and signalling diagnostics (5 or 6 events is nothing for even the simplist microprocessor), given one with ongoing diagnostic mode & memory storage buffer for status info...this is an area that is intuitive as HD Electrical Troubleshooting manual does not go into the "nuts and bolts" design.

Last edited:
Looking is not precise enough. You need to add 85 kg what harley considers an average rider!!! set your suspension then watch the sparks.

Back