free website stats program Leaking rocker cover | Harley Davidson Forums

Leaking rocker cover

skcm2006

My rear rocker cover on my FLHX 09 had a little oil on it on the back left corner. My buddy says his Road King has the same thing going on.

Should I try to see if I can re torque it, let it go, or take it and get a new gasket put on.?

thanks

This just happened to me and it's quite common. You can try to retorque it but only to spec, anything more can warp to rocker. I just ordered new gaskets.
WAP.gif

This just happened to me and it's quite common. You can try to retorque it but only to spec, anything more can warp to rocker. I just ordered new gaskets.
WAP.gif

The rocker gaskets are relatively cheap and easy to replace. I would just replace the gasket.
WAP.gif

I would be replacing the gasket if it were mine
rocker cover gaskets are not difficult to replace provided you have a wee bit of mechanical experience and suitable tools

Brian

As mentioned this seems to be common. I've seen re-torquing the cover work and I've seen it make it worse. I agree with replacement.

I had mine replaced last year when the cam chain upgrade was done. I only noticed the weep after I washed the bike, and was wiping the rocker covers off.

Back