free website stats program leaking oil | Harley Davidson Forums

leaking oil

Seems like the oil is leaking from the area of the Drive pulley...what could it be?...when looking from under the bike, you can see that it is wet up by the front of where the belt is. Thanks for any response!...would this be covered under the extended warranty?

More than likely either the trans seal or the primary seal. I would think it would be covered under warranty but not sure.

If the oil is leaking into the primary side of the front pulley then a good chance its the mainshaft oil seal
if the oil is on the gearbox side of the pulley then the main drive oil seal/quad seal and spacer
if its gearbox oil

Brian

Extended warranty should cover seals and shafts and bearings, mine does:s

Seems like the oil is leaking from the area of the Drive pulley...what could it be?...when looking from under the bike, you can see that it is wet up by the front of where the belt is. Thanks for any response!...would this be covered under the extended warranty?

Before you get carried away, do you have a little black "J" tube hose from a nipple on the side of the tranny cover? This is the tranny vent tube and is probably pointed to the backside of the inner primary. On my bike, this was blowing a fine mist of tranny fluid on the inside of the inner primary. I searched for months trying to find this leak until I figured it out. Try getting a couple of feet of hose from the auto parts store and routing the vent over to the right side and down below the bike where the other tubing is.

Clean up the inside of the inner primary and see if you get further oil leaks. If so, then you have to start the hard stuff!

TQ

Back