free website stats program Leak | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Leak

Mine was doing the same thing leaking at stator plug. I cleaned it up real good with brake cleaner and covered it with high quality silicone and has been fine ever since.

It can happen. If the primary cover was taken off for a fluid change and the bolts were not tightened enough they can come loose from the vibration. It happened to me and I had a leak. I discovered it in the middle of a ride so I had some blow back. After panicking I found the loose bolts. Easy fix....

photo.JPG

OK! I checked the bolts and there good, here is a photo of the leak! I don't think it's from the transmission tube because I cant get any residue off the tube, and isn't wet up top as far as I can see, and I am using Shock Proof and wouldn't that be noticeably red on my finger?

I am at a loss! any and all help would be appreciated, as I said before, maybe it a dried out seal???? I hate leaks!!!!

Mine was doing the same thing leaking at stator plug. I cleaned it up real good with brake cleaner and covered it with high quality silicone and has been fine ever since.
So I got some clear silicone, do I pull the plug out? it doesn't appear to be coming out where it plugs in, but the wire was pretty gonked up with oil.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I got some clear silicone, do I pull the plug out? it doesn't appear to be coming out where it plugs in, but the wire was pretty gonked up with oil.

Clean it good and run a continuous bead around the plug to case interface

Back