free website stats program leaded gas | Harley Davidson Forums

leaded gas

nikki9613

My sons father passed away friday and we are getting his "old" bike running for a memorial ride. My question is.....It is a 1950 Panhead that still runs on leaded gas. Is there something we can add to the gas so we don't have to convert it? It is 99% original parts and we do not want to change that. My son is taking classes to be able to work on it himself after the initial fixing is done. (cuz dad said if you can't fix it you darn sure ain't riding it) So we just don't want to mess anything up until he knows what he is doing. thanks so much for any answers!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My sons father passed away friday and we are getting his "old" bike running for a memorial ride. My question is.....It is a 1950 Panhead that still runs on leaded gas. Is there something we can add to the gas so we don't have to convert it? It is 99% original parts and we do not want to change that. My son is taking classes to be able to work on it himself after the initial fixing is done. (cuz dad said if you can't fix it you dam sure ain't riding it) So we just don't want to mess anything up until he knows what he is doing. thanks so much for any answers!!!

Welcome to The Forum, You can run several lead substitutes , I used Marvel Mystery Oil in my Pan heads and Shovel heads. Sooner than later you will need New hardened Valve seats and valves if you want to be worry free

thanks so much someone mentioned Marvels to me. Guess I should have paid attention all those years lol. Just didn't want to mess it up before the "last Ride"

Back