LCD Dipstick

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by rbmount, Aug 20, 2008.

1. rbmount

rbmount Member

Don't waste your money, mine has moisture in it and won't work any more.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Agreed, they are junk.

3. Fourdogs

Fourdogs Junior Member

I've had two...they work a bit then Bingo...work no more! and yeah very expensive...but the lid is chrome and it still lights up blue with the words error...lol:(...lol so its still on the bike and it does provide proper oil level ..just manually...lol

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

Maybe they should call it the "error" stick:D

5. Fourdogs

Fourdogs Junior Member

Ho! Ho!..real funny!!!! :wall 2 hundred dollars later.....its a great idea for Road Kings and such if only they worked pass warranty 90 days I think!...lol beside they were purdy!

6. glider

glider Veteran Member

Nothing like the old analog gauges:s

7. wildspirit97

wildspirit97 Senior Member

I thought about getting one before I heard all the bad reviews and was glad I opted for the analog. My main reason for going with the analog was even thought I'm a gadget guy and love that kind of stuff it's just way to easy to steal. Some punk just walking by could see it and think "hey that's neat" and take it in about 2 seconds. It wouldn't even set off your bike alarm if you had one.

8. lannyw

lannyw Member

I quess I should have looked on here before I purchased mine. Oh well I have wasted more money on other thinks. :(

Live and learn, live and learn.

It really does look neat. (thats what I can tell myself when it quits) :)

9. Fourdogs

Fourdogs Junior Member

Naw won't happen darn it..Heck I even got a big arrow pointed at mine ..and no one seems to want it...If I just didn't like the dang chrome much!!!!!:D

10. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

I finally won on one choice....:D I wanted the LCD, but hubby had some 'chrome cash' so I opted for the analog gauge.....I was happy I didn't have the $$ at the time or I would have wasted it for sure. Woo hoo for me.