free website stats program LCD dipstick | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

LCD dipstick

Pooh, I kinda have to agree with you but those ol VW's didn't cost 20 grand.
I'm kinda "what me worry" about this stuff. Change the oil regularly and ride the snot out of it.:D:taunt

Are these diosticks worth the money? Its hot out here in Nevada and I wiuld like to know what my engine oil temp is. I hope they are accurate with in a degree or two. I don't want to put one in the dash if this LCD in the fill hole will work. Any thoughts? Yea or Nay

I have an electronic LCD dipstick that I got about 1.5 years ago at the dealer. It has about 20K on it now. I just replaced the battery, it was easy to do. It has been working very well so far. It gives the temp and level at the touch of a button. I have heard about this piece being unreliable an it has a high rate of failure. My expiriance is not the case.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J04675.pdf?version=desktop&
WAP.gif

I know this thred is over a year old but I like my LED oil dipstick.
I have an '07 Ultra and you need a glove to protect your hand if the engine is hot.
Love just pushing the button and seeing the oil level.
I already installed an oil temp gauge in my air temp spot in the fairing so I can monitor it nicely.

First one I bought. It lasted just past 30 days and the LCD stopped working. I was going to pitch it into the garbage because the warranty was expired but figured I'd at least ask the dealer for some consideration since it still looked like brand new. The parts guy called HD directly and after speaking to someone for a minute or 2, handed me a new one.

This one has been ok for maybe a year and works like a champ. I tested it in boiling water, I live at close to sea level and water boils at 212 degrees here. It was spot on.

If this one dies I'll just chalk it up to bad judgement on my part, screw in the old cap and go for a ride!

I put one on my 2004 Road King Custom , liked it but it broke trying to remove it when changing oil. Not so much of a problem with the digital dipstick as just an inferior design on the whole dipstick rubber stopper, would like to see HD put a threaded type on a $24000.00 bike . Just my 2 cents.

First one I bought. It lasted just past 30 days and the LCD stopped working. I was going to pitch it into the garbage because the warranty was expired but figured I'd at least ask the dealer for some consideration since it still looked like brand new. The parts guy called HD directly and after speaking to someone for a minute or 2, handed me a new one.

This one has been ok for maybe a year and works like a champ. I tested it in boiling water, I live at close to sea level and water boils at 212 degrees here. It was spot on.

If this one dies I'll just chalk it up to bad judgement on my part, screw in the old cap and go for a ride!

The warranty is good for one year.

My dealer looked up when I bought mine.
Got mine replaced (free) with 3 weeks left!

The warranty is good for one year.[/B]

My dealer looked up when I bought mine.
Got mine replaced (free) with 3 weeks left!

Glad I took it back then! I believe they were looking at it as 30 days even though the receipt clearly states "no returns on electrical".

Maybe the 30 days is just to return something you decided you didn't want, like a gift.

Either way, the second one has been working good since 12/2011.

I have one I used for three years but now it has "pooped" out and cannot be fixed. How or who can I get to fix it rather than buying another for $150 bucks?????? Thanks for any info!

Does anyone know of a repair facility for the LCD stick? Mine is "Kopput" after three years.........

Last edited:
No repair that I know of. If you replace the battery and it doesn't work it's time to replace.

Back