free website stats program lawn mower engine oil | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

lawn mower engine oil

Speak for yourself Bud! :D

98P-RedneckLawnmower.jpg

my bad:small3d007:

I have A Scagg Cougar powered by a 25 horse Kohler V-Twin.

I use Castrol Syntec 20-50

As for synthetic oil causing the engine to run cooler, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you in Brooklyn.:D

Al

I have a 20 hp riding lawn mower that is used for more than mowing my lawn. The last time I drained the oil I put in HD360. I figure since it has a Briggs and Stratton v twin engine in it, why not. Seems to run good and thank goodness it is electric start. Fossil

Tip the mower up and look under the cutting deck in the bottom of the engine. I never saw a small engine that didn't have a plug under there to drain the oil. Some are a hex head and others are a 3/8" plug that you use an extension on a ratchet to remove.

Glider, Believe it or not, Honda lawn mowers, as expensive and elite as they are, have no drain plug. I looked all over and finally looked in the owners manual and it says to tip the mower upside down. I called a friend that talked me into a Honda lawn mower and he confirmed. UNBELIEVABLE. :(

That is strange to have to tip it over to drain the oil but anything is possible and doesn't really surprise me that much.

You could always try the small, hand operated oil pumps that you can get to pump the oil out of marine engines.

You could always try the small, hand operated oil pumps that you can get to pump the oil out of marine engines.

I thought about that, but it only takes a scecond so no big deal. Just could not believe I have to. Strange but true!

its not turning the mower upside down that bugs me its having to wait untill its out of gas that bugs me....because you know when ur in the mood to change the oil well you know.........i might be half way through cutting and run outa gas and i allways think "it is outa gas should i change the oil?" lol

lol glider i thought pouring gas all over a hot engine hmmmm maybee its best if i just lett it run out the normal way

Back