free website stats program Late April Road Trips? | Harley Davidson Forums

Late April Road Trips?

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
My vacation schedule just got finalized and I got the last half of April off, from the 19th to May 3rd. Anyone planning on doing some motoring anywhere in the Southeast during that period? Isn't the Leesburgh rally then? Anyone been to that? I can't disappear for the whole 2 weeks but I'd like to do some travelling if the weather's not too bad. I could meet up and tag along for a portion of someone's trip if they were just passing through. I think I'm going to wait until the fall to do the Blue Ridge Parkway. Maybe I'll take 2 or 3 days and go see the Natchez Trace.

Just a sugestion have you ever been to Barber motorsport track ? The superbike race is May 1,2,3 . The motorcycle musuem is great, also if you have never been you'll be hooked oh btw Barber is in Birmingham.

Hey Doc,
Hit Leesburg and then maybe Lakeland for Sun n Fun. Harley's and airplanes, what else could you ask for? Sun n Fun is April 21-26. I will be going over the 18th to help Cheryl get the Steen Aero Lab site set up. I'm gonna take the mighty Tri-Pacer over and put it up for sale. It's feeling awful lonely since I bought the Harley. :( Cheryl starts her Riders Edge Course April 1st, that means were gonna need another bike soon so the least used toy goes first. :( If you think you might wanna head down let me know and I can arrange you a vendor pass to the fly in.

Thanks everyone - Birmingham, Leesburgh, and Lakeland are all an easy ride for me. Don't be surprised if you get a PM from me wanting to get together!

Hey Doc,

If you are around Unadilla GA between April 16-19 stop in at Angle City. I will have the motor home setup down there and hanging out. Let me know if you will be around.

Hey Doc,

If you are around Unadilla GA between April 16-19 stop in at Angle City. I will have the motor home setup down there and hanging out. Let me know if you will be around.

Actually, my vacation starts the 19th so I won't be heading anywhere until the 19th or 20th. Once I make a decision I'll post an itinerary and try and meet and ride with folks if they're game.

I'll be at leesburg for the weekend with a group of people, we have about 20 people going for the weekend, good group of folks, all experienced riders, lot of guys bringing their wives including myself, we plan on riding Ocala National Forest on Saturday, I have never been there but can't wait, your welcome to join us along with anyone else from the forum, most hotels already booked, may want to get somethin now, check out he website, Leesburgbikefest.com, it gives you some good info, anyone plan on going send me a pm, maybe we can get together for a cold one.

Hey Doc,
Hit Leesburg and then maybe Lakeland for Sun n Fun. Harley's and airplanes, what else could you ask for? Sun n Fun is April 21-26. I will be going over the 18th to help Cheryl get the Steen Aero Lab site set up. I'm gonna take the mighty Tri-Pacer over and put it up for sale. It's feeling awful lonely since I bought the Harley. :( Cheryl starts her Riders Edge Course April 1st, that means were gonna need another bike soon so the least used toy goes first. :( If you think you might wanna head down let me know and I can arrange you a vendor pass to the fly in.

hey lancer,

where's a pic of the tri-pacer, like to see that one, ya gonna be at leesburg??? you're in the neighborhood

Last edited by a moderator:
Garlab1 and Dr Doolittle here are a few points of interest, and nice runs, whether you take US 19 north out of Eustis or south out of Palatka or if you are like me and like exploring try some of the back roads like 314, 316 450, 452, SR 42 US 27a or 441a etc.

For example from Ma Barkers you can take 464c to 314a to 314, a nice run between Ocklawaha and Salt Springs to Cactus Jacks and if you go be sure to see the antiques he has out back. Continuing north on US 19 you have Palatka and the High Level, Angel’s Diner and the Cheyenne Saloon. Ride Safe and in the forest right now watch for fires and smoke.

Ma Barkers Hideaway‎
13575 E Highway 25, Ocklawaha, FL‎ - (352) 288-1600

Cactus Jacks‎
23740 NE Highway 314, Salt Springs, FL‎ - (352) 685-2244‎

High Level Lounge & Package‎
3821 Reid St, Palatka, FL‎ - (386) 328-7131‎

Angel's Dining Car‎
209 Reid St, Palatka, FL‎ - (386) 325-3927‎

Cheyenne Saloon‎
US Highway 17, East Palatka, FL‎ - (386) 328-9216‎

Back